News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

[UK] Brighton Jam, March 20th

Started by BKA, 02 March, 2016, 22:15:47

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Come to sunny Brighton!
Meet at Oddballs (24 Kensington Gardens, Brighton, BN1 4AL) from 11:00-12:30, then we'll head out to play.

The Void

Anyone in Bristol want a ride?
I'll be leaving shudder-early, and back late-but-not-crazy-late.
@charlieforsyth
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Weather forecast perking up a bit. Brighton-breezy!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

[Please log in to see the attached image]

Phew, that was quite a lot of driving for me, but a good day.

Started off with a morning shop jam session with @charlieforsyth and James (whose idea for a version of Faster Than Gravity seems a bit Sado-masochistic to me!). Got a few customers having a try out too - one lad was already working on his Aeroplanes. Then @Mad0zak showed up on his amped-up skateboard, and did a few juggle to Lighthouses to warm up. Me & Zak then headed to Pavillion gardens, where people started to trickle along to join us. Fellow Oddballs Jack, Luis, @AlexOdd , plus Quinn, and a little later, newish players Luke and Louie (sp?). We also had Lula, (another) Alex and another lady as have-a-go curious players.

A fun afternoon of games of KEN and Follow, general learning & trick swaps. Zak & Luis took their first gradings. Some high points were Alex's attempting to create some crazy body-throw tricks, Jack having some sneaky unexpected tricks up his sleeve, Luis getting a Moon Circle he seemed resigned to be missing, Zak's "last set of the day" insta-tap trick, and Luke saying he'd never done Bird yet, me giving him a couple of tips, then him getting it first try![nb]Royal Power![/nb]

Despite Brighton being very scenic and crying out for kendama shots, I took precisely zero video, and one photo (attached). I'll leave the filming as a target for the local crew to get on board with.[nb]*cough* Collaboration! *cough*[/nb]

A great day, thanks to everyone who came out to play. And here's hoping this is the start of a regular kendama scene in Brighton! (If you're a curious local, pop in to Oddballs for a click.)