News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Any reason why Damafest in Atlanta did not come back for 2014?

Started by joeO, 08 January, 2015, 06:39:51

Previous topic - Next topic

joeO

Hey everyone! I got into Kendama a few months back and wanted to see what the Atlanta scene was like. I was looking forward to some shops, meetups, or events.

I saw highlight clips of Damafest 2013 and it looked like a blast. I then checked for Damafest '14 and couldn't find anything about it. I checked KendamaUSA's blog and couldn't find any hinting of something like that. It seemed like a success, I would have figured they would repeat it.

I was kinda bummed I missed out on it and am hoping for a Damafest '15.

Does anyone know what happened?

The Void

I have no idea, but I would guess it was probably a logistical thing. Perhaps their timing clashed with another event, or their venue wasn't free when they wanted it, or something. I hope it comes back.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Dimensions

I was more miffed of the lack of DF '14 as the '13 vid is by far my favourite event video to date.
Somthing I noticed however is that they didn't do one in 2012 so maybe it's a bi-yearly thing?
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

joeO

Quote from: The Void on 08 January, 2015, 11:29:12
I have no idea, but I would guess it was probably a logistical thing. Perhaps their timing clashed with another event, or their venue wasn't free when they wanted it, or something. I hope it comes back.
Yeah. That would make sense. From all the DF videos, people from all over the world came. I'd totally petition or fund a kickstarter for them to come back.

If it was a venue thing and they are reading this post, there are other places in the area like http://www.gwinnettcenter.com/ in Duluth,GA. About ~30 minutes from DF '13

Quote from: Dimensions on 08 January, 2015, 16:03:18
I was more miffed of the lack of DF '14 as the '13 vid is by far my favourite event video to date.
Somthing I noticed however is that they didn't do one in 2012 so maybe it's a bi-yearly thing?
Yeah I was hyped with '13 edits. Especially after KendamaUSA had a booth for a Japanese Festival here in Georgia earlier this year. I lived relatively close to that place and regret I didn't get into Kendama sooner!

AJ Macklots

It's good to see another Georgia player on here. I was looking forward to damafest also. There are some small jams here and there. Sweets has one this Sunday in Woodtsock.

joeO

Quote from: AJ Macklots on 09 January, 2015, 12:23:27
It's good to see another Georgia player on here. I was looking forward to damafest also. There are some small jams here and there. Sweets has one this Sunday in Woodtsock.

Yeah. I hope we can get more people hyped for Damafest this year. I had no idea Sweets would be in Woodstock. I checked their facebook page and their site for the event but couldn't find anything.

do you have a FB event or link to this?

joeO

Quote from: AJ Macklots on 10 January, 2015, 06:47:37
It's on their instagram page.

the only place i didn't check. Thanks. its an hour drive for me but I think i might check it out.

joeO

Quote from: joeO on 10 January, 2015, 15:07:27
Quote from: AJ Macklots on 10 January, 2015, 06:47:37
It's on their instagram page.

the only place i didn't check. Thanks. its an hour drive for me but I think i might check it out.

Got back from the meetup. Thanks again for letting me know about this event man! I had a good time lacing up with everyone. I'll def. be there next month!

The Void

Meetups are the best. If you (anyone) get the chance - GO!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!