News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Rotor Blade/UFO

Started by KendAlex, 06 September, 2011, 11:49:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

After i've got so many questions about how to do a clean UFO, i made a tutorial.
this is my way to do it, and i've learned from the 3 japanese JKA guys in Munchen to do this perfect.

Enjoy the lession, i hope you like the step by step format.

most importand is keep the ken horizontal :)

The Void

Interesting that you say to tilt the small cup upwards slightly. K.Cima was saying exactly the opposite - to tilt the big cup upwards a little.... BUT, I then noticed that as he bent his knees, his arm would twist down slightly, so that the sara-do was horizontal by the time he actually came to launch.

Good stuff though.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Thanks

I have seen Tomoya did it with the small cup pointing his face, and that is what works the best for me.

my experience is that the ken rotate better with the small cup in front, and the string hanging down, (no problem with the string with rotating the ken too)

It is the same as the trick Jumping stick, for me it turns better with the small cup pointing me, K.Cima do the same trick with big cup pointing to his face.

i tried to do both but i stick with the small cup pointing my face.
i guess everybody have his own ways.

again, this tutorial is my best way to do the UFO aka RotorBlade, and i hope it helps people getting better technic.
cheers

The Void

Quote from: KendAlex on 06 September, 2011, 13:57:07I have seen Tomoya did it with the small cup pointing his face, and that is what works the best for me.

my experience is that the ken rotate better with the small cup in front, and the string hanging down, (no problem with the string with rotating the ken too)
In case you misunderstood me, I agree that the small cup should face you. K.Cima did it this way too, but his small cup was tilted downwards slightly, not upwards like you do.

But then I suppose it can all depend where you hold your hand, and how much you twist your arm as you launch. Like you say... find what works for you.
Cheers!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Yeah i know what you mean, sorry.
some tricks you have to find out yourself, and learn all the possebillities. so you can choose the way you like the best.
since the EJC i'm more looking for the details and it helps a lot.
this tutorial is a new setup with step by step build up, i did not new before there were so many details to do one trick, simply i'll do it in 3 seconds without thinking.
this is what i love about kendama, improving the skills while you can do it already.
gettin better everyday.

shalafi

I already commented in youtube, but I'll say it here as well. Thanks for the tutorial, you made start practicing Rotor Blade with that video, I almost made it a couple of times already.

I really like the step by step format, it focuses on small details that turn out to be interesting and important, if it also helps the maker realize important points, then is even better.

I promise I'll get Rotor Blades and Lunars, with your tutorials there is no excuse!

Great Job Alex!!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

KendAlex