News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New ken, or no

Started by tmt12345, 26 May, 2014, 04:14:16

Previous topic - Next topic

tmt12345

I have a blue tribute and a white ozora, I've been wondering whether to get a pro model kendama and if so from where?(i.e. Kendama USA, Sweets etc.) Also which pro. Factors I look for are lightweight, matte ball for lighthouse/lunar, and good balance. If it helps I've used a tribute, ozora, and turner thorn pro model. Thanks in advance!

PikWik

from those choices the weight difference would look like this ozora(130g-140g)<pro tribute(140g-150g)<pro sweets(150g-165g).
meaning, the ozora is going to always be lighter and the sweets the heaviest.

the cherry wood pro tributes are nicely balanced and have a closely weighted tama/ken, as well as the ozoras. however, sweets are going to be the wildest weightings and overall 'chunky' damas. with sweets, the tama is always going to be +10 grams heavier than the ken.

with that said, ozoras have my vote for best kendama. i've been playing for about a year, and time and time again, i buy another "new" kendama only to go back to my ozora and say "wow, i had to spend another $30 to prove ozoras are still the best"

---------------------------------------

these are my opinions and do not reflect the rest of the board. many folks will tell you different preferences. these are what i have seen and experienced

tmt12345

Quote from: PikWik on 26 May, 2014, 19:15:23
from those choices the weight difference would look like this ozora(130g-140g)<pro tribute(140g-150g)<pro sweets(150g-165g).
meaning, the ozora is going to always be lighter and the sweets the heaviest.

the cherry wood pro tributes are nicely balanced and have a closely weighted tama/ken, as well as the ozoras. however, sweets are going to be the wildest weightings and overall 'chunky' damas. with sweets, the tama is always going to be +10 grams heavier than the ken.

with that said, ozoras have my vote for best kendama. i've been playing for about a year, and time and time again, i buy another "new" kendama only to go back to my ozora and say "wow, i had to spend another $30 to prove ozoras are still the best"

---------------------------------------

Thanks, I'll just stick to my ozora and by the way do you happen to know if the sticky ozoras are any good?

PikWik

i have a red and blue OG ozora and the paint is very similar.
i could land lunars right out the box and the paint breaks in to a perfect sticky-yet-shiny feel

if you can find a white/orange premium ozora, grab one.
best kendamas on the market besides the higher priced mugen musous, graintheorys, & terra kendamas.