News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama World Cup, Hatsukaichi, Japan. July 12-13th 2014

Started by BKA, 21 April, 2014, 15:53:53

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

BKA

BKA

LarsVegas

That's only three hours from Sanda, Hyogo Prefecture, by train. Too bad, I will not be there in July :(
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

The Void

I've only just got around to watching these (since, unfortunately, I won't be attending). I like how in each level there are at least a couple of tricks that are more achievable than the rest. Although, obviously the achievability goes down as you step up each level.
Some completely batfish stuff in there. But that's good right? We all need to push ourselves...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

theobau

level 10

BKA

shalafi

When we played this format, tricks ended at level 7. It seems they needed more levels, some players are too good.

Another surprising thing is that not everybody chooses the same tricks as the "easy entry point" for a level. It depends of each players style, and that is really good.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

I just compared the lists with the ones from 2013 and I noticed that most of the Level 3 tricks I did when we played that format are now Level 2 :-(

Specifically: Downspike, 1-turn aeroplane, Tap in and Scoop Spike.

I guess that also happened to the other levels, as well as new tricks or more complex variations are added.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Davo

Couple of Mugen images bouncing around the web this morning, it appears that these may be destined for participants in the Hatsukaichi World Cup.
I'm sure we'll be seeing more about these sometime soon  :-)

DamaLife24

Mmmm those tamas are beautiful! Uhh the things I would do if I had the money for a lathe
Bryan Burnett

BKA

And the results are....

Congratulations, [user]bonzatron[/user]!