News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

I managed 15 minutes in the midday sun today. Enough for a video tomorrow though.... :-)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Yes, even in Scotland it's too hot for long sessions.  Was even tempted to enter the sea yesterday; madness!  On the trick front, did manage to get a few moon circle to fast throw small lunars before the sweltering got too much.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 07 July, 2018, 10:05:08
Yes, even in Scotland it's too hot for long sessions.  Was even tempted to enter the sea yesterday; madness!  On the trick front, did manage to get a few moon circle to fast throw small lunars before the sweltering got too much.
Nice, Donald. Do you do flat throws, or 1-Turns?

Hope you had fun, shalafi.

Today I missed the In twice before getting Stilt Over The Valley, and also landed the latest Endless Combo trick with witnesses. Hot.

donald grant

Flat throws, strangely enough. I must confess, the only reason I was landing them with small lunar seemed to be that 8 times out of 10, that was the cup that came up!?!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 08 July, 2018, 22:21:26
Quote from: donald grant on 07 July, 2018, 10:05:08
Nice, Donald. Do you do flat throws, or 1-Turns?

Hope you had fun, shalafi.

Today I missed the In twice before getting Stilt Over The Valley, and also landed the latest Endless Combo trick with witnesses. Hot.
Yep, quite fun. I even run a small improvised Kendama workshop :)

Also Dee was around, long time no see.

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 09 July, 2018, 00:03:38
Flat throws, strangely enough. I must confess, the only reason I was landing them with small lunar seemed to be that 8 times out of 10, that was the cup that came up!?!
Just tried these. Came close, but not quite. Seems like a flat throw must go to Opposite Lunar though, no? Needs a 1.5 or half-spin to go to Lunar, unless I'm not doing exactly what you are.

The Void

donald grant

Quote from: The Void on 09 July, 2018, 21:03:12
Just tried these. Came close, but not quite. Seems like a flat throw must go to Opposite Lunar though, no? Needs a 1.5 or half-spin to go to Lunar, unless I'm not doing exactly what you are.

It's quite a late throw after the tama swings back up; at the most, the ken is doing a quarter turn I guess.

shalafi

The Void

Quote from: donald grant on 12 July, 2018, 19:31:18

It's quite a late throw after the tama swings back up; at the most, the ken is doing a quarter turn I guess.
okay, cheers, I think I get it. Although I've not got it yet. :-)

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 13 July, 2018, 20:23:43
Quote from: donald grant on 12 July, 2018, 19:31:18

okay, cheers, I think I get it. Although I've not got it yet. :-)
Managed to get it a couple of times. It seems to come out to Big Cup most often for me, and with a half spin. I guess it depends on how you catch and/or release the ken. It was a little easier once I got the ball to rise up higher on the swing. Phew, it's hot out there... :-)
https://twitter.com/RoyalKendama/status/1018486788191674369

donald grant

Nicely done!  Yep, guess it depends on how you do the fast throw.  I must have been leaving it really late and turning the ken almost flat before making the toss.

And yes, it is way too hot for long sessions out there.  Did have bit of a noodle on Saturday; pull up fast throw one turn string pull lighthouse amused me.  Not too tricky once you get your head around it, but ideal for annoying people in a game of KEN :)

The Void

Went filming with @Dimensions the other day. Sorry Rob, haven't had time to capture the footage yet.
https://twitter.com/RoyalKendama/status/1020658710744530945