News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Yo-yo or...The Pill?

Started by Kendama+cliniK, 03 October, 2013, 15:42:58

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSmith

If you've upped your price range to $35-40, I recommend checking out the CLYW yeti, they're not quite out yet (sometime next month I think), but I've had one for a few weeks now and it is the best plastic I've ever played with. The Rally from One Drop is really awesome too, it might be a little more expensive though ($45 I think? could be wrong though).
Back down in the $20 range, the YYJ Surge is pretty rad. I had one for a while, but lost it while on the KG tour unfortunately. Very stable and great spin times for a $20 throw.

Kendama+cliniK

I see, I see. The surge seems like my best option for plastic, and since it's in my original price range I should probably jump on it.

I used to yo-yo when I was younger, no it's been forever but I don't think I've ever play a non-responsive yo-yo. Is it hard to adjust to?
Kendama+cliniK

BrandonYoder

the C3 Speedaholic also came out recently...my buddy at yoyoloco tells me its the best inexpensive yoyo. He recommends it to anyone i guess. the review looks promising, the weight is awesome at 67g's and its only $12.99
http://yoyoloco.com/products/c3-speedaholic

Also mark from yoyoloco is a super cool down to earth guy.
I highly recommend.

Kendama+cliniK

That actually seems quite promising.... Ugh decisions, decisions!!! haha

Just as bad as pickin' a Kendama!!!
Kendama+cliniK

BrandonYoder

Kendama+cliniK

GOT THE JOURNEY!!!! With die! I'm pumped to learn some new nonsense. Now we just turn this thread into Yo-yo reviews/helpontricks? haha

Pumped.
Kendama+cliniK

AlexSmith

Teaching / learning yoyo tricks is a whole different beast - with kendama tricks its so straight forward 99% of the time. "Catch the ball here, throw it in the air, catch it here. You're done!"

With yoyo its like 'throw hand string wrapper over this finger, kinda spin it around and twist this way, double under twister max, back round the thumb, under the pinky, turn left at the next intersection, watch out for knots, don't accidentally bind it at this point in the trick! drop ring finger, slack throw, wrap around thumb..."
Also, confusion. That is a large part of me learning yoyo tricks. Then all of a sudden, it just clicks. Yoyos are weird

BrandonYoder

Couldn't agree more.

One week you just cant figure anything out. The next, everything just seems to click.
Currently i'm in a standstill. Having kendama and yoyo gives you a break from one for a few days when you really need it.

Waylon

I just got a speedaholic yesterday. I can give it my unequivocal recommendation. Unbelievable player for the price. C3 nailed it hard with this one. Buy a speedaholic and use the change to get some string.

In consideration of your budget, you can buy a speedaholic for $13.50 shipped to your door from yoyobestbuy.com. You can get a bundle of 100 generic polyester strings from spintastics.com for $10 shipped.

Waylon

Somehow I missed the bit about you getting a Journey. That's an excellent yoyo to start with. It can take you a very long way. It was my first real yoyo and I keep one in my collection.

Kendama+cliniK

Learning tricks is definitely confusing. I experiment with this and that, different variations of swing tricks. I need to watch more videos...ALOT more videos.

That seems to do the trick.

Oh and thanks anyways. Yo-yo reviews would very much be appreciated as I'm sure I'll be buying more in the near future.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
Kendama+cliniK

BrandonYoder