News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Consistency Competition #8

Started by KendaMushroom, 27 December, 2011, 13:57:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorny

No worries, Greg!

Watch them here!

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 08 January, 2012, 22:51:08I would suggest that we leave this one open for a month from when it started (like we did when no-one could do #4), ...
Quote from: KendaMushroom on 09 January, 2012, 06:23:37yeah I think this ladder should stay open for a month...
Well Jan 4th to Feb 3rd is a month, and only Thorny has posted a video at all, so in a shameless attempt to steal 2nd place, I give you
Kendama Consistency Challenge #8 - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
...and await to see if Nic will allow it. (Knowing full well that if I was him, I wouldn't let me get away with it!  ;D)
I can and have done better, but in only 2 short filming sessions - one right at the start of the challenge, and one right at the end - this is the best I got on tape.

Thanks for setting a challenging challenge, Nic!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

hey folks,

i realy had a hard time practicing this ladder for the past 30 days.
here is my best schot on camera.
i did make 5 mistakes, but he! i'm gonna need this ladder for the next DAN in Poland.
the practice will continue to get it perfect

thanks Nicolas for bringing this ladder.
enjoy

KendaMushroom

so close Void!! loved the patience, I think maybe talking to the camera gives you a lot more pressure :) but i enjoyed watching it...it was like a private show! rawr! haha

alex you are so fast haha...imagine if you took your time? ;) also you lighthouse frontflip just so you know... ;) so even with 1 mistake i couldn't count it.

Thanks guys for playing along, i know it was challenging, for me aswell. I think without havnig posted this challenge I wouldnt have pushed myself to do it!!

lets see what is next!

kudos for everyone! yaaaaay

KendaMushroom

oh and sweaty mugen ball...i know that one :)

BKA

Quote from: KendaMushroom on 04 February, 2012, 13:37:17also you lighthouse frontflip just so you know... ;) so even with 1 mistake i couldn't count it.
You mean you're restricting the orientation in which you can do the Somersault?!

KendAlex

I remember last year i asked Shimadera-san, if it does matter how the somersault is turning, and the answer was no, does not matter.
but oke this is your ladder and i'm oke with it. (did not win and miss anything with my ladder)
the main reason i did a frontflip because i saw the string was behind the centercup and i know it was getting stuck if i did a normal flip. ;)

Mirek

I did some nice 8 faults attemps last time and I must say I enjoyed this ladder a lot. Big thanks Nic. Congrats Thorny. I am looking forward to next one.

KendaMushroom

Quote from: BKA on 04 February, 2012, 14:05:12
Quote from: KendaMushroom on 04 February, 2012, 13:37:17also you lighthouse frontflip just so you know... ;) so even with 1 mistake i couldn't count it.
You mean you're restricting the orientation in which you can do the Somersault?!

I'm not doing anything because it's over...I'm just saying, the list of trick is imposed, when someone says lighthouse summersault its 100% of the time, "backflip"...why give names to tricks if we can just do them in whichever direction we want? bird over the valley is never backwards, or it's not called that :) (might be easier for some people, but in this case I want to see the trick by definition)

@Alex : well kinda like Bat, i dont think reverse lighthouse flip is part of their reference book...and seems weird that at your 5th dan exam you arrive at lighthouse flip, and you do it reverse, that those judges won't be like "...uhhh what the funk was that?".

Oh well...just seems weird but i believe you. Cima-san's words :)

okaaaay KCC9!!!

KendAlex

there is no trick like frontflip lighthouse in the JKA trick list, that is why it does not matter wich side the flip is as long it is a flip,
same as the fallin trick, does not matter if it falling frontsize, a frontside fallin is also not in there trick list , same thing it does not matter if it falls sideways or frontside,
but in the next EJC i ask him again to make sure i did listen properly.

cheers.

Thorny

Kendama Consistency Competition #9 info and thread will be released either tonight or tomorrow morning!

I'm sorry, I don't fancy doing it on my phone  :P

The Void

Ooh, a new challenge to look forward to! Wheeeeee!  :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

better upload it when everybody is not on their work, so in the evening is the most fairly i think.
i can't wait,
so stoked jipie

Mark

I hope its one i got a chance of doing this time!
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

Dadooh

Wow! That was very impressive to see how Nic and Thorny did it. Very interesting exercise by the way. I decided to do it every day. It seems to be a good way to evaluate my improvements. Today i finished it with 90 mistakes. I planned to stop after 100 misses like peter did but i was surprised i ended it. I'll try to do it better tomorrow. Thanks to share your challenges, it's very exiting.