News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Today I had a back garden session. Got a few quickies in the can. Will water the RK insta with them this week.
Oof, my knees, my back,....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Swing to Bird > Whirlwind Spike (no turn).

Today I crawled out of hibernation and did my first 6th Dan practice run since the end of September. I passed (just), most unexpectedly. Extra latte for me today.

johndmc

Quote from: The Void on 14 March, 2017, 14:48:08

Today I crawled out of hibernation and did my first 6th Dan practice run since the end of September. I passed (just), most unexpectedly. Extra latte for me today.
Congratulations man
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

John

Quote from: The Void on 14 March, 2017, 14:48:08

Nice trick! Going to try that one tomorrow.

The Void

Cheers, Johns. Today I failed on the first trick. So it goes!

John

Today, in a luxurious 10 minutes of quiet, I landed Around the bird (or Bird around the world? Not sure*) - quite a basic trick really, but never seemed to get it before today. It was a tad wobbly, but I did it nonetheless. Video to follow later.

* Small cup, bird, big cup, bird, base cup, bird, in.

The Void

Nice one John.
No clicking time for me today, so here's some daftness from a few days ago.

John

I'm not trying that one!
However I did try your bird - no turn whirlwind with little success Mr @The Void . After 2 weeks of intense whirlwind grinding, especially working on the spin control, doing it with no spin just frazzled my brain a bit. I'll come back to it!

John

Here's my rubbish Around the bird. I tutted in disapproval twice at my terrible cup wobblage. Anyway, one to work on.

The Void

Excellent unimpressed face, John.
Damn, it was windy today.

John

Amazing what a bit of practise can do...

Terribly shot, nevermind eh? I'd like a crack at Around the bird over the valley next. We'll see, need to brace myself for Outlink tonight first...

The Void

Helicopter > Helicopter Spike

This was the one (first clip) that I thought I'd half-spun, @rhys_goes_peace . Turns out it was more like ¾.

rhys_goes_peace

Quote from: The Void on 18 March, 2017, 17:29:41
This was the one (first clip) that I thought I'd half-spun, @rhys_goes_peace . Turns out it was more like ¾.
Ok, thanks. I'm learning helicopter from the 'Click!' book - it looks super cool, but it's actually quite hard.  :)
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace

The Void

Yeah, it took me a while to get to grips with it. Keep your eyes on the big cup as it's coming round.

Today was one of those days where nothing lands. Oh well, c'est la click.