News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Royal Parking - Newport/Brighton/Bristol

Started by The Void, 08 May, 2018, 14:59:23

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Hi, I'm running some summer outdoor "meet-comps" for Royal Kendama.

Entry fee: £5, OR £3 if you compete with your own Royal Kendama.
There will be at least 1 XL and 1 Plush to be won at each event.

For each event, the timetable will be:
12:00-14:00 Meet up, jam, and register to enter
14:00-16:00 COMP!
16:00+        Kyu/Dan gradings for anyone who wants one. (Kyu grading included free with entry fee)

COMP:
5 divisions, everyone enters all 5 divisions.
SOLID STATES; SPEED SEEDS; ROUNDABOUT; PROUDFOOT; TURNIP STEW. (Rules/tricks will be revealed on the day. Nothing too crazy - don't panic! ;) )
Overall winner gets the XL. A division winner will be picked at random to win the Plush (This will be a different person to the overall winner). Possible spot prizes too (tbc).

16th JUNE NEWPORT
Belle Vue Park

8th JULY BRIGHTON
Pavilion Gardens, BN1 1UG

12th AUGUST BRISTOL
St George Park. (Nearest train station: Lawrence Hill, or else a longer walk from Temple Meads (40 minutes?). Meet by the skate park.

Royal Kendama is a British kendama company. Please support us by
-Turning up!
-Entering!
-Telling your friends/Sharing/Reposting/Retweeting/etc.

Thanks, look forward to seeing you there!

@mreasyguy @Mikegee @Woodsy @Dice126 @Ashton @Cand1ez @Paul_S @Mad0zak @AlexOdd
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

mreasyguy

I shall be at both the Newport and Bristol ones, Brighton is a bit of a stretch for me!

Anyone coming to the Newport one via train let me know as i live 1 min away from the station and i can meet you there.

The Void

Excellent, cheers. Haven't decided yet if I'm driving or getting the train to Nyuwpawwt. I'll let you know nearer the time.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 15 May, 2018, 00:16:44
Excellent, cheers. Haven't decided yet if I'm driving or getting the train to Nyuwpawwt. I'll let you know nearer the time.
Eeek, the dreaded words "replacement bus service". I'll be driving then.
Meanwhile, word of mouth sounds like we'll be getting double figures, so that's good.

The Void

Hmmm, I'd better start deciding what the tricks will be... :)

The Void

Today I finalised the formats for Newport. Had a few run-throughs too.
Also, the locations for Brighton and Bristol confirmed. (See first post in this thread.)

The Void

Weather forecast for Newport is okay. Might get a passing shower (coffee break!), but should be a reasonable day. Bring a hat and coat everyone!

mreasyguy

If driving there is free parking on two sides of the park, top and right hand side.

If no space let me know as I do have visitor passes so can squeeze a few cars outside my house/ parking zone, only a bit of a hill to walk up from mine to get to the park.

Also, anyone travelling by train (well replacement bus service) drop me a PM as i can meet you to walk there as I live just 1 min away from the station.

The Void

Quote from: mreasyguy on 14 June, 2018, 23:12:37
If driving there is free parking on two sides of the park, top and right hand side.
Waterloo Road and Friars Lane (south side), but not Belle Vue Lane. Try NP20 4FP. Or if there are no spaces, try NP20 2GH, which is ~1km walk away.

The Void

The Void

Good stuff, nice jamming! Nice to meet you, Jordan & Dan, and nice to see you guys again, @Woodsy @Mikegee @Dice126 @mreasyguy @BenPycroft24 .
Sorry to hear that cancelled trains kept you away, @Dimensions . :-(
Congrats to Ben for taking the overall win, and Dice for the division win. Well played, all.
Next stop, Brighton!

The Void

The Void

Brighton this Sunday! Weather's looking warm.

The Void

The Void