News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2017

Started by Maicodama, 09 February, 2017, 15:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

How did it went?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Well, there is this...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Ah, I did not knew about that twitter account. Thanks!

It looks like it was good fun. I had a really busy Sunday, I'll try to catch up with some of the livestreams from the finals. Sounds like Rob Vs. Rolf is a match worth watching :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

Photo gallery from BKA:

**NO RE-UPLOADS PLEASE**
If you'd like to use a pic, please ask first. Send us a DM. We're very likely to say yes. :-)

^
|
Click on the pic to go to the gallery.
**NO RE-UPLOADS PLEASE**

The Void

I had fun at the BKO weekend. :)

Firstly, a BIG THANK YOU to @Maicodama @Kofi @BenPycroft24 and all ARK-ers for making the BKO happen again this year! People came, played kendama, had fun, met new friends, and that's ultimately all that counts.

Okay, there were quite a few organisational issues... I won't go on about that here - details to be worked on, and discussed behind the scenes at a later date, when the dust has settled. :-)

Back to positives...
It was great to see lots of people at their first BKO. Nice to meet you, @johndmc , @rhys_goes_peace , Oakley, Tom, Ben, Jack, John, John, @Oblivion , Ryan, Brandon, Lisa, Julia, Marcus, & Mike! (Did I miss anyone? Probably! Sorry if so.) And great to see all this lot again: @mreasyguy @Dimensions @fiddletriks @JakeHookins Rolf, @Its_mrdiz , Dice, Nathan,  @Cortz @kymallen94 @Cand1ez @BenBenVx @KenSan ... and anyone I missed!

Spare a moment and post a word or two here on your BKO, dudes! Even if it's just a simple "thank you" to the orgs - that means a lot. (And join the forum to do so, if you haven't yet. Everyone's welcome!)

Anyone else got pics or clips to share?

Other good stuff
- Teaching kendama to people passing by, who glanced over with a curious expression. "Err, sorry... what are you guys doing?" :)
- Seeing Royal-wielders do well in comps and gradings. (Royals rock. Have I mentioned this? I don't think I say it enough. Go Rock a Royal. :) )
- Rhys being a little kendama demon in person as well as on the web.
- ...and his brothers' enthusiasm and excitement at watching him do well.
- I was outside, so missed it, but heard that Rhys beat Ben A. in the KEN game. Later on, I heard that actually, Ben had won, but had very graciously stepped aside to allow Rhys to compete in his first freestyle comp. You're a gent, Ben. Hats off to you for that.
- Julia and Adam's "Axe-off".
- Not having all the pressure on my shoulders.
- People coming from abroad to attend a BKO - always awesome behaviour!
- Sponsors rocking.
- A little bit of wheeling-and-dealing in the car on the way home.... (I'll tell you later...)
- Cortz's amusement at the fact that I bring packed lunches. :-)
- Dice asking me if I had a really beaten-up tama to show in his photo-project, when I'd given away my most banged Royal to the talented Austrian lad we met the evening before. Timing.
- Oakley being a bit freaked out that I knew his surname.
- That time when someone said something funny, and we all laughed. I liked that one.

Big clicks to you all!

johndmc

Quote from: BKA on 15 May, 2017, 12:32:22
Photo gallery from BKA:

**NO RE-UPLOADS PLEASE**
If you'd like to use a pic, please ask first. Send us a DM. We're very likely to say yes. :-)

^
|
Click on the pic to go to the gallery.
**NO RE-UPLOADS PLEASE**
Yeah, please do not share this anywhere lol
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

johndmc

I would like to thank all of the ark fam for a great weekend. It's been an absolute blast and I can't wait to make to another event.
It was indeed great to finally meet some of the forum members at last, and also some other new people. A truly great bunch of people.
Void thanks for the tips on the hanging lighthouse, it was a moment of 'oh I see what you mean, so you do it like this... *lands one*'

johndmc

I landed a few tricks for the first time over the weekend, and I'm still chasing my first whirlwind though. It will be mine.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Maicodama

Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

KenSan

Had a great time down in Exeter with the ARK boys, Kromies and every one else in attendance! Seeing the young shreder @rhys_goes_peace going toe to toe with Rolf was a definite highlight for me  8)>

All in all I think @Maicodama @BenPycroft24 @Kofi did a amazing job considering the shoes( @The Void ) they were having to fill. Also Having Rolf who is larger than life and a veteran of so many competitions around the world there too must have only added to the pressure.

Keep it up guys and hopefully it can only get better!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

rhys_goes_peace

It was such an incredible day! The freestyle was the highlight for me.
Check out my instagram: @rhysgoespeace