News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What kind of an ozora is this?

Started by theobau, 28 January, 2014, 16:05:08

Previous topic - Next topic

theobau

Is this a limited/rare ozora? I've never seen those small shiny spots on an ozora before!

BKA

Is it yours? Where did you get it/get the photos? That might help.
If we had to guess, then those "spots" look more like the woodgrain showing through, than being a paint component/effect. Edit: Looking again.... Not sure!

theobau

I found the pictures online on a Japanese website, I messaged them and now I'm waiting for an answer:-)

Thanks BKA for taking a look, I'll be back as soon as they answer my message.

Kev

I think it's just dust.

(And I think it's just a standard dark blue ozora from 2013).

Spirit Kendama

Yeah, the purple ozoras were JKA recommended seals as far as I know. Looks like dust...

RodDama

i dunno though.. i can't see someone taking this clean of a picture and leaving dust on the tama.. just doesn't seem right to me!! could be a purple mugen tama on an oozo ken maybe??
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

Kev

Whoa! That's two of you now who've said it's purple!

I'd never in a million years call that purple.

I think maybe I need my eyes testing / screen calibrating?!

:o

The Void

I'm in the "blue" camp too. Maybe the tiniest twinge of purple on my computer screen, but definitely blue on my iPad. Yeah, blue.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

RodDama

ithought maybe weird lighting or something. .. lol it does look blue
-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

theobau

This was the answer I got :

Hi Theo!

I hope you are well and thank you again for your interest.

Below are the answers to your questions:

1. Shiny spots

The spots are actually on this kendama.
Each piece is unique and shines with its own character, but Yamagata kobo, the manufactuere,
is one of theonly three certified manucaturers of competition kendama in the world; and
they are committed to precision and strict quality control so you can buy with confidence.

2. Blue Ozora and Blue Sky

Blue Ozora (ASIN:B00AF1W49Y) and Blue Sky (ASIN:B00AF1W214) are actually in the same Ozora series.
I attached another picture for your reference.

I hope these help and please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

TLN

He attached a photo of a kendama that looks very much like a normal blue ozora.

RodDama

-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com