News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Irish Kendama Open 2018

Started by shalafi, 07 February, 2018, 13:56:51

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Finally made time to finish the flyer :)

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

shalafi

Tic, toc just 2 days to go

The Void

*AARGH!*
Just watched the video to check a minor point. Which made me realise I've been practising one of the tricks wrongly. Or at least "differently". Hmmm... some quick adjustment should be okay....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 27 April, 2018, 15:32:28
*AARGH!*
Just watched the video to check a minor point. Which made me realise I've been practising one of the tricks wrongly. Or at least "differently". Hmmm... some quick adjustment should be okay....
We can check tomorrow morning :)

The Void

Moon Base Delta: After the grip change, my spike was pointing away from me, not across. Turns out it's a bit easier the correct way. Phew.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

From FB:
QuoteWe'll be meeting at around 10 at the CHQ building (at the arc outside if the weather is good) and we'll be there again for lunch at about 11:30
At 12:30 we'll get to Connolly station to go to Dublin Circus Project by train (12:48, direction Manooth, stop Broomsbridge)
See you there!

(Also added to first post.)

shalafi

Quote from: BKA on 27 April, 2018, 16:59:15
From FB:
QuoteWe'll be meeting at around 10 at the CHQ building (at the arc outside if the weather is good) and we'll be there again for lunch at about 11:30
At 12:30 we'll get to Connolly station to go to Dublin Circus Project by train (12:48, direction Manooth, stop Broomsbridge)
See you there!

(Also added to first post.)
Thanks!

I also updated the website with this info.

BKA

The Void

I'm home, and I'm knackered. I had a bad competition (in terms of hitting tricks), but had a fun day out meeting/remeeting people and jamming. Sorry it couldn't have been a bit more laid back, and spent more time playing, but it was good to be out at the IKO again, and see the number of "kendama players" (as opposed to "have-a-goers") increased. Definitely worth the flying day trip. Well done everyone, especially the machine that is @Dimensions (IKO champ & Dan jam winner), @DanieLambert (Irish champ, off to Romania!) and @shalafi for doing all the work to make it all happen again.

I'll try to get pics and videos up tomorrow.

shalafi

It was a fun day indeed. The local scene is slowly gaining momentum.

Great to have @The Void and @Dimensions getting here. Also big hats off to our youngest player, Mihnea, who made his parents travel from Cork to attend the event, that's commitment!

Congrats to Rob on winning the IKO, that is 3 Royalist wins on the IKO books. Also congrats to Daniel on renewing the Irish Champion title and winning a trip to the EKO! Watch your back, Lucas is getting closer!

Oh, we even got a converted juggler: Peter who entered beginners. Very happy to see him again and taking the time to drop by and even help judging the Dan Jam.

I'll do a slightly longer write up for the website sometime this week.

The Void

The Void

Beginners vid:

http://juggling.tv/16836 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

The Void

.                                               .                         .
I just realised that I did all my practise for the Advanced division with my SuperNatural, and then I used my Plush in the comp. Oh well. But d'oh! Meanwhile, here's the Dan Jam.

http://juggling.tv/16837 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

The Void

Advanced division:

http://juggling.tv/16838 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

http://juggling.tv/16839 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download