News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Void in Tokyo, Sep 2015

Started by The Void, 10 September, 2015, 03:20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Despite my connecting flight being delayed, I just made it to my Tokyo hotel before midnight. Zonked out, and got some sleep. Jetlag? Going to try to make it a slow day today, but heading across to Decade/Tower Records later for the C&F launch party.
Rain.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Kendama Belgium!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

A little warm up practice session in the hotel common room. Strolled over to Decade, and after a short warm up, people started to roll in. Good to meet lots of "scene faces" for the first time - impressed by a lot of the in-the-flesh skills I saw. Split party for food, then on to Tower Records for the C&F launch event. Which seemed at first like it might be "playing last year's DVD", but we did get to jam in the end. They'd set up a little stage for us, and people took turns to roll up and give a little flow. Some very cool stuff in there, with a bit of hashtaghandroll action too. I hit my balance combo first shot, so I quit while I was ahead. :)
Back at my hotel now (tuned in to some cricket as a wind-down), nearly ready to crash, before checking out tomorrow morning (shifting hotels for the weekend), heading over to meet Marcel at lunch time, and then onwards to C&F for that shenanigans.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Kev

Nice!

Thanks for the updates - looking like fun.

Tell @cello_91 to get postin' a few too!

:)

The Void

Oh yeah, and @Jake Wiens showed me his wrap-up variations which, yes Jake, I did like.
See one here:

Oh hello jetlag, hello 4 am, there you are!

shalafi

I really like to read the journal of the trip as it happens :)

Say hi to Jake from me.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

The rain has gone away, hurray! Off to brave the heat...

HansNickmans

"hashtaghandroll action"

That made me laugh :)
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

The Void

C&F was fun. I did some of my stuff, and people liked it. Got nice words from several people. It was never going to be technical enough to get through to the next round though, but that's fine.
@bonzatron took it down. I was actually so tired I missed the final, as I just had to leave to go and get some sleep. But having seen him in person now, I know he's a worthy winner. Rolf and Nick Stodd were great too.

That sleep I mentioned? 4 hours. And then an earthquake. Oh great, just great.
*sigh*

Sorry, too tired to type more.

The Void

Failed. Badly. Depressed. Got over it.

The Void

Back at hotel and pretty tired again.
Things were a bit crowded during testing - other Moshi tests going on beside us, so maybe it was distracting. Was furious with myself, but hey, jetlag. Went outside to the alley to have a loud scream. After going to the loos to wash my face and calm down, .... I lost it.

Managed to calm down eventually. Had an iced latte. Got joint 4th in the (not that busy really) warm-up comp, took the slightly odd examinership course, and registered it (#002 - I missed who got #1.) Evening party, JKA-style. Gave a short speech (they asked me to).

Played a bit of kendama in amongst all that lot too.

Kev

Dude.  :( sorry to hear that.

Never give up!