News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

@s070s From the end position of the last trick, twist your hand/arm until you are at @shalafi 's position at 0:16 in his video. Then do only the drop-grip change move from 016:-0:17 in shalafi's video. Hope that helps.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

s070s

no man don't wasted your time
i'll whip something up and you can say if its good or not. 

s070s

shalafi

In theory you have to do a twist from a normal penguin to that position... BUT
Since you did it covering you eyes (which was not required), and it looks really cool, I'll give it the green light.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

s070s

oke from there throw the ken a little bit up, knee bounce the centercup (its facing down ), so that the tama comes flighting (preferably to your right) Grab the ken in a reverse kengrip (your ken shouldn't have moved that much), complete the swing and catch the tama on the centercup

Next:
163. [from loaded reverse grip to reverse grip ]
- throw ken  up
- knee bounce centercup
- grap in reverse grip
- swing to centercup (tama)

make it silky-smooth peeps  8), no jacked swings

Quote163. [from loaded penguin reverse ken grip] > Knee-bounce Swing To Base Cup

RULES
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

I think I'll give it a try over the next couple of days. Not sure if I understand it correctly enough, though  8)

jakub.zahumensky

Like so? :)

Mod edit: @s070s

s070s

PERFECT !!
never seen a silky smooth shirt as that  before 8)
the trick is good too - accepted
THX for entering and ... its your turn now

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: s070s on 21 March, 2017, 10:57:08
PERFECT !!
never seen a silky smooth shirt as that  before 8)
the trick is good too - accepted
THX for entering and ... its your turn now

8) The T-Shirt is from Christiania, from the EKO 2014 trip :)

Next trick:
164. [from sara grip base cup] > Faster than fasthand aeroplane (quite clear, right? ;))

Here's what I mean:
1. Release the ken, so it falls straight to the ground, spike first, no turning. No throwing up, just a release.
2. Grab the tama and position in below the falling ken and catch the "aeroplane".

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- Your trick set may end on an active ballance (i.e Candle Balance) but you can use an active ballance in a transition of a trick/set
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.

The Void

John

Can I play please? :D

I had to move my fingers a little towards the base cup to begin the trick, hope that's ok @jakub.zahumensky :)

jakub.zahumensky

Quote from: John on 21 March, 2017, 18:38:04
Can I play please? :D

Yes, you can play! :) Nicely done, all good from where I'm sitting. Accepted.
What shall be the next trick, then?