News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Sideslinger

Started by Dimensions, 03 January, 2013, 12:32:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

I've seen the void do sideslinger and thought it was such a cool trick but I could never do it

Does anyone have any tips
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

HansNickmans

With the normal gunslinger you try to move the ken around the tama and not move the tama that much (disgarding the fact that it rotates). To do so you push up so you can go around the tama while it still has upwards momentum.

To recreate this with the sideslinger I still use the upwards motion but also move from lower left to upper right whilst I'm turning the ken around the tama.
(I'm left-handed so for right-handed play you'll need to go from right to left...)

It's very important to also have that upwards motion to give you the time to do the slinger-move properly.. So in short.... knees :-)
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

Thanks, Dimensions! Yeah, what Hans said. But I also think of the horizontal version as having a longer exit. So not just a spiral, but more of a swoop-loop-swoop kind of thing. Viewed from above, the index finger movement would be something like....

/
(

ɒ
  (
   \

Hope that helps!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Tetsuya Takahashi

Do you guys have any tips on doing a zack yourd?
It looks really cool but the ken keeps slipping of my finger when i turn it.

The Void

"A Zack Yourd"... What's that then?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kens

I think he's talking about a turntable.

The Void

Tetsuya Takahashi

Thanks I didn't know it was called turntable!!