News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

LarsVegas

... qualified for the BKO 2012 ladder for the first time. With a total of 17 tries (3 for spike and stopover, 2 for flying top) I'm totally happy.

Remains only the question of how long you're entitled to enter the beginners' competition? When do I have to decide? Or who does?
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

Adam K

Quote from: Toby on 03 December, 2011, 23:46:45
2 Turn gunslinger pull-up in..
Ken turns twice or tama turns twice? I feel like it should be ken given the "pull-up in", but how would you go about doing more than one gunslinger without stopping in the middle?

BKA

Quote from: LarsVegas on 04 December, 2011, 22:05:32Remains only the question of how long you're entitled to enter the beginners' competition? When do I have to decide? Or who does?
If you win the Beginners, you automatically graduate to Advanced. Apart from that, as Sonny Boy Williamson said, let your conscience be your guide.

BKA

Quote from: Adam K on 05 December, 2011, 01:22:28
Quote from: Toby on 03 December, 2011, 23:46:452 Turn gunslinger pull-up in..
Ken turns twice or tama turns twice? I feel like it should be ken given the "pull-up in", but how would you go about doing more than one gunslinger without stopping in the middle?
Yes, the ken. Ever seen someone twirl a toothbrush on their finger? The finger gives a little circular driving motion to keep the spin going. Same thing with the gunslinger.

The Void

Today, inspired by Li Ho Cheung, I managed a 2-turn gunslinger pull-up-in.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Mark

Yesterday i managed to do a dead hang moonlanding, no looping on big cup. :D
Have also come really close to getting 2 spin gunslinger spike!
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

Thorny

Yesterday I set myself a new personal best of 20 consecutive Earth Turns and today I managed:

Pull up Bird - Bird Slinger (back to Bird) - Bird Slinger to Spike!

(Bird Slinger = Earth/Bird Turn and Gunslinger)

Mark

Quote from: Thorny on 11 December, 2011, 00:05:17
Yesterday I set myself a new personal best of 20 consecutive Earth Turns and today I managed:

Pull up Bird - Bird Slinger (back to Bird) - Bird Slinger to Spike!

(Bird Slinger = Earth/Bird Turn and Gunslinger)
That sounds epic!
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

grotesquecub

Quote from: Mark on 11 December, 2011, 10:10:08
That sounds epic!

I concur! Sounds awesome.

Today I managed:
triple>double>single (jumping stick)
and...
single>double (jumping stick)>double ufo  ;D

jumping sticks in prep for 'consist. comp. 4.5'

AlexSmith

Today I took a little break from studying and working to hang out and play a little dama with my buddy Ben. It was fun, it's been too long since him and I have had a decent sesh. Cannot wait for winter break!

The Void

Yesterday I re-self-certified myself as 4th Dan.

Today I had a go at KCC6, got the first Bird then OWWWW!
My back tweaked out. No more kd for me for a couple of days at least. :(
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

Not long ago I could have said "Today I ordered a gold dragon kendama, and a copy of knees", excited to get both. It'll be nice to have a kendama book with some more advanced tricks that I can actually read haha (the one i have now is all in Japanese)

hater

Today I landed a combo, but I'm not sure of the name of the last move. Aeroplane to lighthouse to ¿throw the tama upwards, grab the ken and spike? I was really amazed!! :D

AlexSmith

Quote from: hater on 20 December, 2011, 23:03:28
Today I landed a combo, but I'm not sure of the name of the last move. Aeroplane to lighthouse to ¿throw the tama upwards, grab the ken and spike? I was really amazed!! :D
[/quote

lighthouse to spike, if you just keep holding the tama and spike it then it would be called lighthouse in or falling down

hater

Thx Alex, I was not sure about the name. I haven't learned all the tricks names and sometimes I don't know what tricks are people talking about -.-U