News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

Quote from: DamaLife24 on 16 May, 2014, 20:05:57
Kev is that one of the new krom Vikings??

Nope -
Quote from: Kev on 16 May, 2014, 15:37:20
Just got myself this lovely Krom Invert Zebra . . .

I'd not heard of a Krom Viking until you mentioned it - I searched the web for an image and I have to say it looks precisely the same - except where it says 'Viking' instead of 'Deluxe' obvs.

Do you know anything about the Viking? I'm guessing it might be larger or something? Or possibly different wood? The brown wood does look a touch darker than mine but hard to say.

Anyway, my lil' ol' Invert Zebra has taken a battering this afternoon - plays really nicely!

DamaLife24

The handle is larger in size I believe is the only difference.
Bryan Burnett

Kev

Fair enough, more like a Mugen Musou kind of size then I guess?

Tsk! I don't know, all the people using big easy kendama's these days ha ha! ::)

shalafi

Not really a "new" arrival, but I exchanged my Shin-Fuji for a Sweets (both used) with Hans.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

theobau

I played with a viking prototype a long while ago and they definitely improved a lot since. They play really nice!
Lots of sick vikings getting released in the near future!

Quote from: Kev on 17 May, 2014, 12:37:11
Fair enough, more like a Mugen Musou kind of size then I guess?

check this out!

kendamatty

Been on a bit of a frenzy recently.
The two on the left are from the bko (prize and purchase). Then we have a keyaki ahin fuji (only arrived today so we shall see), week old tribute, pearl musou from the april release, red homegrown (came today thanks to an online fb raffle win) and a kcn circa courtesy of yoko! Unsure about if I'll play the circa, but the others will have their thrashing soon enough. ..

Kev

Nice haul Matty! Lots of fun there (I'd like to hear how that Ozora is working out - seemed quite light right?).

And Theo - thanks for the image showing the Viking too. :)

kendamatty

The ozora is working out ok, very light so spacewalk orientated tricks can be affected by weather influence, or if my hands aren't feeling particularly intricate then I can fumble, where a heavier ken has a more solid feeling. Balances and stalls are a dream however, the soft density of the wood does assist quite nicely with "biting". A nice showpiece,  but not an every day beast unfortunately.

The biggest shocker was the shin fuji. Strange as two different types of wood (cherry I think for tama and a hardwood for the ken) but they compliment eachother very well. With a comp seal too,  this may be coming with me to the eko...

Oh and for my new arrival, I ordered a pill for my girlfriend from kendama usa and entered a special code to be put into a draw run by turner thorne.. Then I also won a new black tribute, which I didnt realise but actually has a goldish engraving around the string hole. Very swanky! (By the way - the pill is horrendously fun albeit a tad limiting, but who doesnt like slamming spike tricks all day ..)

Kev

I think that Ozora is the lightest kendama I've ever held, glad to hear it's working well in some areas though.

I've not got a Shin Fuji myself but you make it sound intriguing, might pick one up sometime.

I enjoy The Pill too, satisfying as an object in itself and a good fun toy for when kendama demands too much brain!

nils

Got a pink OG oozora the other day. Love it.

Here it is next to my old green one

Mr European Speed Trick Champion 2010! :D (as suggested by The Void)

nils

I've been on a shopping spree. This took one week from the US to Norway. Impressive stuff :)
A black walnut from Balance kendama

Sorry for spamming!
Mr European Speed Trick Champion 2010! :D (as suggested by The Void)

The Void

Steady on... You'll have to post a collection photo soon if you're not careful!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

DamaLife24

Today I received this in the mail. A beautiful krom Viking!
Bryan Burnett

quadraptor

I posted a bunch of info about it here, but one of my new arrivals is a rubberized Kaleb Kendama.

quadraptor

My other kendama just came in the mail - a natural Shenzhu from Kendama Co.

The only thing was that the cups were loose and came off easily, but thanks to this thread, I was able to fix it.  I actually used double-sided tape and it worked like a charm ;)