News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

No fresh tricks today, but I did do this to my car. I don't know anyone locally who is in to skill toys. I figured maybe I should identify myself. I can't be the only player around.

Waylon

HansNickmans

Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Nice one guys.
Waylon, looks like the pic of your car didn't upload correctly.... we're intrigued!

The Void

Today I went back to using my Mugen for my 6th Dan practice, and got 3/10 2-Turn LH for the first time since.... I was last using my Mugen. Hmmm, interesting! Mind you , I did miss some other stuff I should have got... like Cosmos. *sigh*
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I did quite some new tricks today, specially with the bilboquet, ken-flip pull-up spike (technically bilboflip) also backstab-> earth turn+bilboflip (to normal apike)

And some other random tricks, like scoop spike->jumping stick (with flow)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Misterwhang

I managed to get the feeling of lunar down today! Landed a good amount, some better than others, have been kinda cheating on some by using my thumb by accident. But overall I am very happy with my progress, I hope to post a video soon to ask for tips!  ;D

HansNickmans

Did a stilt for the first time this weekend. Never really practised them, but this weekend I got four. Everytime to in.

Also made some progress on lunars. Did a reverse airplane - building lighthouse - lunar - to in. Felt pretty good

Kendama Belgium!

br4d24

Quote from: HansNickmans on 12 May, 2013, 13:18:13
Did a stilt for the first time this weekend. Never really practised them, but this weekend I got four. Everytime to in.

Also made some progress on lunars. Did a reverse airplane - building lighthouse - lunar - to in. Felt pretty good

Hate you so much right now! Gotta get on that lunar/stilts level - just dont practice them enough.

Have made TONS of progress though! No video for now but i have recently landed:

Swing to bird - over the valley
Swing to bird - earthturn bird - earthturn in.
SWIRLS!!!!!
Spacewalk - tama grip mooncircle - handroll - ken grip moon circle - swirl - spacewalk - ken grip spike.
Under the leg mooncircle
Nunchuku style tricks/variations
Insta-jumping sticks (throw jumping stick as soon as you catch airplane)
And finally have figured out the proper way to pull up lunars/stilts without having to twist the ken or use string hang method... now just gotta land em :)

Oh and i destroyed the pre-dan a few times - moshe kame is a little rough but i passed it; everything else was childsplay :)

Yoda

... passed theoretical part of driving license exam, and finally nailed lunar barrel roll!
KENDAMA.COM.PL- POLISH KENDAMA COMMUNITY

happygoat

Quote from: br4d24
And finally have figured out the proper way to pull up lunars/stilts without having to twist the ken or use string hang method... now just gotta land em :)

What is your method for doing it without twisting the ken?

Cliffdama

Please everybody cheer with me!!!! ;D ;D i landed lunar flip!!!!!!!!!

BKA

donald grant

TrevorWestad

I just learned whirlwind!!! :DDDDDD