News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Introduce yourself!

Started by BKA, 24 June, 2011, 15:09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Humboldt

Hi people!

My name is Natx and I'm from Catalonia. I'm playing kendama since almost one year, more or less. I participated in last British Kendama Open 2012 and you recognize me in pictures thanks to the red funny cap. It's a "barretina" the traditional cap of Catalonia. Actually I'm trying to success with Getsumen Chakuriku (Moon Landing)... Sam showed me some trails (thanks!) aaaand the crazy Han Rasen Hikouki (Half-Swirl Aeroplane) that The Void tried to teach me (with huge patience!).  In last competition I learned a lot observing good players because I'm not get used to see people playing (few people here playing, I think). If some of you come to Catalonia and wanna play for a while, tell me and will shake together the knees!!

BKA

Welcome, Natx! Good to have you here. :)

Kenski Di

Name is Sam Rahder. I live in Madison, WI, USA.

I've been playing for 2 years: the same amount of time as Damien Klaven (who lives here aswell, and whose edits you may have seen), and have been developing skills alongside him. Practicing together and pushing each others' boundaries has allowed us both to reach an equally high level of play in less time than otherwise.

I've posted 2 edits, both over a year ago, aswell as 2 recent video examples of consistency. Spent february and march travelling around india, where I did the majority of filming for a third edit. The edit is 2 or 3 clips away from being finished.

Looking forward to seeing all the awesome technique people are using and to engaging in some friendly competition!

KendAlex

Welcome to the Forum Sam.

You have nice flow in you style and nice to see your fast with posting the consistency ladder too.
i really looking forward to see the ''India Edit''

Cheers

Kernow Kendama

Hi i'm Tim from SE Cornwall. Been playing Ken since Weztival Sept 2011 (9 months) when my friend Wez pulled one out of his Circus Skills bag, myself and a few others were hooked.

Since then I have been playing quite a lot and even been taking my skills along to Wez's Circus Stars events and gigs. Spreading the love of Ken
KEN BOOTY

BKA

Hi Tim, welcome to the board.
Nice avatar!

Sponge.

Hello! I'm Tanner, i'm from washington and i've been playing kendama for about a year, just decided to get on this fourm after lurking for a while. I don't know anyone else that plays kendama very much that close to me, but i've been playing anyway! I'll be at the battle in seattle on June 16th!

Sam Merkel

Well hey there! I'm Sam, I'm 17, and I'm from Madison, WI.
I've been playing kendama for almost two years now and I've been on the kendama co team for just over a year. I started playing after seeing Damien Klaven and Sam Rahder playing with them, and probably wouldn't be playing if it weren't for them. I've been making edits for almost as long as I've been playing which (I think) encourages me to improve quicker than if I weren't. Over the past two years kendama has brought me together with amazing people I never would have met otherwise and taken me across the country where I had the amazing opportunity to kick it with them. Battle in Seattle and the most recent battle in Minneapolis were some of the most memorable weekends I've had, and hopefully I'll continue to have similar experiences.
Kendama isn't just a silly toy, it's a community, and that's what makes it great. That being said, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
However corny that sounds you know it's true... ;D

The Void

Hey, Sam, good to have you here! :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Patryk

Hi! My name is Patryk, I came from Poland but right now I'm living in England, Hertforshire.
I'm studying IT Diploma L2 in Oaklands Welwyn Garden. I owning new, first polish board about kendama(www.Kendama.com.pl). I've been playing kendama about a year, but only from about two months that seriously. First kendama edit i've ever seen was Kendama Edit #8 - The Kendama USA Pro Models. I was amazed by how easy it looks for these people. After that me with my cousin bought one kendama each. And yeah... it was much harded than we was think it is. But after some time, i had to went back to England and i was only one who had it and it started to be boring playing alone. But after some time, i gave my old kendama to my mate, i bought the new one and yeah... ;)

BKA

Welcome to the forum, Patryk. (And to the UK!)

mreasyguy

Hey i'm Adam, 26 and from Caerdydd (Cardiff) lol.
Been playing kendama part-time for a while but just recently decided to go full force at it after giving up the 10 Year Mary-Jane habit.
Trying to nail some tricks for an edit I (hopefully) get done and thought i'd register here after lurking around for a while.

So yeah, Hi!

BKA

Hi Adam,
Welcome to the forum! (And to clear-headedness :-) )
Good luck with the full force, hope you have lots of fun. :D

Ash

Hello Guys,

I'm Ash, started playing Kendama around 4 years ago when it was popularized amongst the Rollerblading community but stopped for a few years and just got back into it! Living around the south wales area and can't seem to find anyone else who plays or any events that aren't light years away.

Had a look around on the forum and really liking the look of the consistency challenges. Hoping to see some more of those soon!

Regards,

Ash
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times - Bruce Lee

P.S. Replace Kick with Trick

BKA

Hi Ash,
Welcome to the forum! I seem to remember one or two other people from Wales joining up. Search the whole forum for "Wales" or "Cardiff".... Maybe you'll find them and can click together.

Meanwhile, there are vague plans for the next British Championships to be in Bristol, in April. Hopefully you can make it along then.

Cheers!