News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

How to save a trick:

Started by Dimensions, 16 May, 2015, 19:58:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimensions

Jake landed this nasty banger and managed to get some air time whilst doing so

If superman could play kendama, he would probably land this first
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

KenSan

Cool! Pretty awesome how he realises he's hit the light house, leaves  the ground and holds it all together!
Couple of questions.
Was he probably intending a multi turn aeroplane?
With one turn stuff you can quite easily see the landings but with multi turn stuff is it more luck?
Also with the multi turns how do you know how many turns you've done? Surely it's impossible to count unless you have slow mo video!
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

the milky oolong

KenSan, don't really get your point, was more than 1-Turn from the get-go. If he was going for a xTurn Aero and had the sense to catch a lucky xTurn Lighthouse, that just makes it more crazy, but as with juggling, when working with numbers, after about 100 attempts, it suddenly becomes possible to sight a 5, 6, 7 flip anything, and I'm ready to believe that was an attempt at a 7 Turn Lighthouse. Did you see Dave Mateo's 9-Turn UFO? There was nothing 'hit and hope' about that one, you can see it in his eyes and then the smoothness of the catch. Catching a xTurn Lighthouse upwards of 3 turns requires immense instantaneous balance skills, so no wonder this one wanted to get away from old Jake.
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

KenSan

Hey Milky I wasn't trying to make any point, I was just trying to get some perspective on these sorts of tricks. And Luck was probably the wrong word to use. Even with my short time playing I can see that there is a lot more involved than that.

Also I just watched the Dave Mateo edit and see what you mean about his assuredness in the catch.

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

the milky oolong

Hey KenSan, no problem, realize that sounded a bit abrupt with hindsight! Glad you saw the 9-Turn UFO too, bonkers, right?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate