News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

The Void

A bit messy? But you got it, for sure, nice work!
What's next?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Just watched it again. I said it was messy. But it was a balance on one leg, albeit an active one. Approval stands.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Sonicpearse

Nice one Donald! That looked a very tricky trick - I think you did very well to remain balanced for so long! Where are we going now??!
Sonicpearse

shalafi

It was very tricky, I was trying it out every now and then. I was close to land it a couple of times.

I find just fair that is Donald the one that makes it, specially after his participation on the Knee Stab video :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

donald grant

Thanks for accepting my shaky balance (believe me that was the best of a couple of dozen tries!!)

So from the one legged knee-stab position, swing the leg, release the tama for a half earth turn to bat! 

(ah yes, the "Saturday night kendama and Knee stabbing" video, hard to believe that was three years ago in Finland.  I'll be back there in a couple of weeks; could be time for a sequel, if Marko's up for it .... :) )

Dimensions

Bump!
Come on guys let's keep this endless combo ball rolling!
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

I've been told that the next trick has been filmed, so it should be uploaded soon.

We're approaching the 100 tricks mark

SamB

I tried and gave up. This is infuriatingly difficult!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Quote from: shalafi on 08 August, 2014, 08:58:59I've been told that the next trick has been filmed, so it should be uploaded soon.
No reason for others to give up. Maybe it will be rejected! Or maybe you can beat them to the upload.

BKA

Catch-up post!

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]donald grant[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
97. [from Stabbed Knee] > Swing to Bat
- swing the leg,
- release the tama for a...
- Half Earth Turn to Bat! 
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Sonicpearse[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]The Void[/user] & [user]donald grant[/user]must sit out round 97.
Good luck everyone!

shalafi

Quote from: The Void on 10 August, 2014, 15:08:20
Quote from: shalafi on 08 August, 2014, 08:58:59I've been told that the next trick has been filmed, so it should be uploaded soon.
No reason for others to give up. Maybe it will be rejected! Or maybe you can beat them to the upload.

Not trying to give up, actually glad that someone else is getting into the combo, and this one looks pretty difficult.

DamaLife24

Bryan Burnett

donald grant

Yep, that'll do nicely Bryan!  Congratulations!

Where do you want to take it next?  D