News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Ken Around the World

Started by Kernow Kendama, 14 January, 2013, 23:12:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Kernow Kendama

The idea is to send a single Kendama around the World to as many players as possible, then after a year take it to the Geographic North Pole for the grand finale ;-)

Wez Swain is a Scout leader from Torpoint, Cornwall and he is planning the first ever Scout expedition to the geographic North Pole. The aim of this expedition is to raise awareness for Scouts across the globe that almost anything is possible if you want it hard enough and to promote the Scouting ethos of challenge and adventure. Something which also relates to Kendama.

The idea is to send a single Kendama around the World to as many players as possible. Wez will then take the Kendama to the North Pole where he will spike it. Upon its return the Kendama will then be raffled to all participants in the project with the winner taking the Kendama, the headed paper with signatures and locations, and a DVD of all the clips taken.

For him and 3 scouts to complete the expedition he needs to raise around £200,000. The idea of Ken around the world is to raise money for, and promote the expedition as well as Kendama.

The Kendama will be sent out on 1st Feb 2013 along with BKA headed paper. The idea is for people to sign their name and location, play the Kendama, film a short 20-30 second edit post it on the Facebook page and then mail the Kendama on to the next person.

Here's how it will work: You like the page on Facebook, send a message stating your interest and location (we're aiming to do England and Europe first) We send you an estimated arrival time, you then donate your £5.00 to the just giving page and send us your address, we send this info to the person who has the Kendama and they forward on the Kendama to you, you play the Ken, film your piece, sign your name and await the next location.
As you can see it's all about the communication.

This is going to be an amazing project, The Void, The British Kendama Association and Yoko aka CraftyBuddy are all on board. Please show your support and join this amazing Project.

Yoko aka CraftyBuddy has donated 4 all wood TK16's from her Kendama Charity. This charity was instigated and supported by a renouned JKA Executive member. Contributors to this charity so far are as follows.
Niggety Nixsaan
Alex Ruisch
Yan Kud
Luke Evans
Erik Pereira   
Gloken (Global Kendama Network)
Hunter Bailey
Sebastian Benavides
Matthias Wiesner
Jeffrey Durand
Levi Malmberg
Chad Covington
Joanne Cluff
Thank-you to all for your indirect support of this project.
These TK16's will have the Tama painted with a globe 1 of which will go around the world and the others will be prizes for a few competitions. Thanks Yoko for your support.

Also the BKA has donated the headed paper to travel with the Kendama and also a Kendama for a competition, and Void has donated one of each of his books. Thanks Void and the BKA for your support and guidance ;-)

http://www.facebook.com/KernowKendamaKenAroundTheWorld
Please use our email address for all non facebook contact, or even just to say Hi. kernowkendama@gmail.com

Cheers n Gone
KEN BOOTY

The Void

You're welcome. I'm also in for a fiver to film.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

More signups needed for this (especially in the UK, where it's going to start its journey). There is a £20 flat rate for groups too, so if you've got a local group of more than 4 players, it's even cheaper to get involved. Plus, it's all for a good cause, remember!
Contact the project via the details in the first post. Click on!

kendamatty

Kendama UK

We've paid for our Kendama Team to take part in this and will be supporting it on our website: Ken Around The World. We think it's a great idea and wish Wez and the guys the best of luck. Creating a global edit should be lots of fun too, keep us posted with who else is participating!

Kendama UK
Site: Kendama UK | Pro Team: Kendama UK Pro Team | Shop: Kendama Shop

Kernow Kendama

Ken Around the World has begun :D It's currently in Cornwall where it'll make it's way through the UK and on to Europe. We also have people signed up from Russia, America and Canada. If you'd like to get involved check out our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/KernowKendamaKenAroundTheWorld  or send and email to us at KernowKendama@gmail.com
Also you can track the progress of the Ken here http://kendamauk.com/ken-around-the-world/

Cheers n Gone
KEN BOOTY

The Void

Whee! My turn next. :) Here's hoping for sun....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BKA

The Void

...and the next one from me. I'm afraid it's all indoors 'cos the weather's been dreich around all week.
Ken Around The World - Void - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv
Onwards to Cardiff for the Ken....

Kernow Kendama

Hey Void what an 'ansome video:-) Some really neat tricks in there. Proper job;-)

Cheers n Gone
KEN BOOTY

mreasyguy

Some nice tricks in there man! Good job!

The Ken wont be travelling just to Cardiff... i leave for Nottingham on Wednesday until Sunday so it will be taking a little holiday with me, Will have to try and get at least one clip filmed in Cardiff though, lol even if i have to film it in the train station!

RodDama

-RodDama!

www.terrakendama.com

s070s

wow mr. The Void  ;)
that was a nice little part  ...

The Void

Thank you chaps, glad you enjoyed. A coupla very old school Japanese tricks in there, plus a few of my own.
@Rod, Yep! See http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,208.0.html if you want one.

Cliffdama

Wow so great! Love the idea! To bad my skills won't even let me get 3seconds on tape ^^. I'm just doing a little donation :).