News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Quote from: The Void on 03 October, 2014, 16:38:32
Quote from: The Void on 02 October, 2014, 15:49:10
Quote from: The Void on 01 October, 2014, 20:39:41Today I failed to practice-pass 6th Dan by 1 miss on the last trick.
And again today! Bah.  ???
Three days in a row! Dammit!
*sigh*
Yesterday's long afternoon's playing must have done me good, because today I practice-passed 6th Dan.
Going to have to work on getting rid of the orange here...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Impressive screenshot!

I have to find time to finish the self-examination feature.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BenPycroft24

Nice work void. I self certified myself to pre dan today while on my break. Quite happy with myself. 150 moshikame.

The Void

Nice work, man. I briefly glimpsed you doing MK yesterday, and you looked pretty solid at it.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

BenPycroft24

I got to 75 mk yesterday. Which I find strange as I never do it. I guess you get used to cupping from general play.

axel.aas.12

Today, i self certified myself through kyu 1-10 abd 1st dan!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

axel.aas.12

Oh, and pre-advanced

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

nils

Today I landed a one-turn lunar on a dragon baby kendama. Put up a short edit on the 'Videos' forum.
Mr European Speed Trick Champion 2010! :D (as suggested by The Void)

The Void

Nice one guys!
I failed 6 Dan on the last trick again. Still getting that far 5 times in a row is probably a record for me. :)

The Void

Today I practice-passed 6th Dan. October must be my lucky month.

the milky oolong

Looking good, Void, great stuff. I suppose if you keep up this rate you will have a great overhead to account for any shakiness on the real day.

Today I...

...am about to go out filming with Kendama.Berlin in full (at the present date 3-man) force, going to film Kendama Europe Pro Peter Wimmers doing some no doubt mind-boggling stuff. Just wanted to get a pre-emptive Today I in there, not sure how many of these there has been!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Theamerican

Today I found out that I have inspired one of my friends to buy a kendama. And blew a kid's mind with a simple pull up gunslinger. I also successfully self tested myself to 1st dan. Today was a good day

shalafi

Yesterday I received the boxes of my international move. Now I have all my kendamas with me again :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

My good 6th-Dan run came to and end. I failed on Jumping Stick today, and 2-T LH too. I blame the weather, and having to practice indoors.
On the plus side, today I confirmed a yo-yo gig. I'll be demoing (just one trick, I think) for a TV show in a couple of weeks.

the milky oolong

Today I...

...landed (Gunslinger grip) Inward Swing In > Small Bird > Gunslinger > In, off camera, while waiting for my turn to film. Since then the trick's been seriously camera-shy, to our collective frustration (there was another GoPro sitting around doing nothing all the time). Aiai! At least someone saw it!
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate