News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

(POLL) Do you glue your Kendama tips?

Started by jesse.hill.1200, 12 March, 2013, 19:41:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you glue your Kendama tips to prevent wear?

I glue all my Kendama tips to prevent wear
Only my most played tips get glued
I own enough Kendamas that I don't really care about the wear of the tips
See no need to glue the tips
I will never glue my Kendama tips

morgothaod

Quote from: johndmc on 09 March, 2017, 07:42:13
Hi morgothaod,

Technically you wouldn't need to buy a new kendama if the spike dulls. I did find not gluing, that it meant the tama slipped off more easily doing certain things once the spike was pretty battered. I just sanded it back to shape and glued it and it was fine. You may have some issues if you wanted to do gradings if there is excessive wear, otherwise no real need to buy a new one, unless you just want to try something different.

Oh ok, I just thought over time the the tip would get shorter from sanding it and eventually you would have to replace the Kendama.  I'm thinking about buying one (I enjoy yo-yoing and I think Kendama looks fun) and I was unsure if I should buy a pricier wooden Kendama.  A site recommended the plastic Catchy Air for a beginner because it requires no maintenance but I read some reviews about it falling apart despite the claim that it is supposed to be really durable.

The Void

Hi @morgothaod ,
Don't go for a plastic. Wooden kendamas are so much better. I'd recommend a Royal (but I'm really biased :) ), but have a look at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html for various recommendations.
Cheers
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Maicodama

In my opinion, I feel like when you glue the spike on a brand new kendama it ruins the tama especially for spike tricks.
I tend to sand the spike a little once its worn in and well rounded instead of it being super sharp. Slay on!
Instagrams
@project.ark
@maico.ps
@eurodama_

morgothaod

johndmc

A fine one generally, unless it's really battered and you need to take a lot off.
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

Unichuck1

Does anyone here glue there spikes to strengthen them alot of dispute on forums but I want your ideas

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

shalafi

Yes, there is another thread on the subject, including a poll.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Unichuck1

Quote from: shalafi on 03 September, 2017, 16:52:14
Yes, there is another thread on the subject, including a poll.

Will delete and look on that one didn't realise I still don't understand the forum haha

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

shalafi

No worries, I'd merge the threads if I were on my computer, or other admin would.

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

BKA

@Unichuck1

No worries. We've now merged the threads (scroll back to read older comments). The actual Poll doesn't show up within Tapatalk, so you'll have to view in a browser to see the results.

You might find this thread useful, about forums generally: http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2984.0.html

Cheers!

Aura Kendama

Glued a few kendamas when first started to play
then did my own mods onto the tips with plastic tips
nowadays since using Aura kendama i dont bother to glue anything -