News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Metal pill

Started by The Void, 09 October, 2013, 22:04:56

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

While I wasn't getting [user]SonicPearse[/user] to film the wrong trick last night, I took a pic of his new aluminium pill that he made for himself. It's a monster, about 4 or 5 times as heavy as a standard pill.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

Neat! I've seen another home-made metal pill before, but it wasn't as nice a shape as this one.

We may have a fun little project in the planning stages over at Terra Kendama that is related to this ;)

Kendama+cliniK

Oh, that sounds nice!

I bet it sounds good.

[user]The Void[/user] , got a video?
Kendama+cliniK

The Void

Nope. Maybe SonicPearse will make one, or perhaps I'll film him a little bit next time I catch up with him. (Which will be in 2 weeks, probably.)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kendama+cliniK

Kendama+cliniK

Sonicpearse

Glad there's some interest! I tried to make it as close to original design. Apart from it being 'slightly' heavier than a wooden Pill, the other issue is deburring the intersection of the 2 holes where the string threads through the nipple.
I have contemplated boring a few 8mm holes through the body of the Pill to make
Sonicpearse

Sonicpearse

Ooops, posted that by mistake... The holes would need to look like a design feature, so may need to think on that!
I'll try & post a video but may see if Void could video me in a couple of weeks as well.
Cheers
Sonicpearse
Sonicpearse

The Void

See http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1408.0.html for a video.

[user]AlexSmith[/user] - If the project you mention is in the form of a competition, we'd like to submit that video as an entry!  :)