News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Urg. Sore throat, cold coming on. No play today.
Still got some stuff done though....
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Salvator-vals

Just landed my first double-turntable. It was much harder than I expected.

modraska

Quote from: Salvator-vals on 11 December, 2014, 21:47:41
Just landed my first double-turntable. It was much harder than I expected.

Some tips for this one?

BKA

modraska, you're probably asking about the "double" part, but have a read of this thread, and try to apply the tips there. http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,844.0.html

Salvator-vals

Quote from: modraska on 13 December, 2014, 09:17:42
Some tips for this one?

Sorry, no tips. I landed this trick only thrice, so may be I need some tips.  :)

shalafi

I landed a hanging one turn lighthouse. On the second try. Quite an elegant simple trick.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

A beautiful trick, certainly a good one to have down, [user]shalafi[/user]!

Today I broke in a new green Ozora, loving that process of smoothing the ken and roughing up the tama a bit, a good hour's session and I landed a few nice things too, including:

(String pinched)1-Turn Lighthouse > Lunar > In
Scoop Spike > (flip to) Lighthouse > Scoop Spike (Fast Hand Grip Switch to ken-grip)
...and something weird:
Hold the ken in ken grip with the inside sarado facing towards you (for most players Big Cup pointing right)
Pull up so the tama rests on the sarado and spike, preferably with the hole facing you (a kind of inside Frying Pan)
Let the tama roll down the full length of the ken (making a rattly, domino-race sound)
Fast Hand Spike the tama (it should do one Earth Turn rolling along the handle and one as it free-falls)

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

shalafi

Yesterday I did a reverse 1-turn lighthouse. Quite harder than I expected.

LarsVegas

... did Big Cup Juggle for the first time (i.e. Big Cup, juggle ball and ken once and catch on big cup - see KendamApp) - 2 out of ten. Amazing - I can juggle quite low and quick, but the string does not forgive any deviation.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

shalafi

Quote from: LarsVegas on 18 December, 2014, 21:54:29
... did Big Cup Juggle for the first time (i.e. Big Cup, juggle ball and ken once and catch on big cup - see KendamApp) - 2 out of ten. Amazing - I can juggle quite low and quick, but the string does not forgive any deviation.
That's a really cool trick, and yes, the string is really the most complicated part of the trick.

You can nos go for "pull up -> juggle -> big cup" which is slightly different

The Void

Nice work guys.
I haven't touched a kendama for over a week. Ugh.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

I had one of my best runs at the Speed Trick B. Untimed, but only 4 misses in total.

The Void

I had my first click for 2 weeks tonight. My legs protest.

The Void

Did my first 6th Dan practice run for 3 weeks today. Got all the way to the last trick, which was 0/10, alas. Quite pleased to get that far after such a long break, though.

Kev

Today I renewed my BKA membership!

Very happy to support the cause as I've seen first hand how much work goes into all the events, competitions and the running of the forum (and the chances of winning something amazing are so high it'd be frankly silly not to!) Here's to another good year :) and thanks again[user]BKA[/user]  :)