News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Hanging 1-turn Airplane

Started by FilthyTown, 02 March, 2012, 16:21:21

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthyTown

I have gotten it twice so far one of which was super sketchy.
The main problem I'm having is catching the ball at the right time and/or being able to recover the hole from a 'bad' catch.

Just looking for a little feedback on this trick, I would really like to have it somewhat consistent in the future.

Thanks everyone,
Elrick

The Void

In a different thread, I wrote this:
Quote from: The Void on 20 January, 2012, 18:09:38
Quote from: Benjugglin on 20 January, 2012, 17:13:56I can't seem to figure out the hanging airplane thing - that's a new one to me, it's going to take quite a bit of practice.
I do a small back-swing (about 30˚) then let a highish launch do the work for the rotation[nb]Knees! 8)[/nb]. I can get the spin about right most of the time. Trouble is, I get the catch position wrong a lot of the time. :-/
Also, as soon as you release the string, I try to (almost) immediately grab the ball. i.e. after it's done barely more than a quarter-turn[nb]Okay, after typing that, I just tried it, and it's more like 3/8ths of a turn. :)[/nb]. That should give the time needed to adjust the grip/position of the ball before landing the catch.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

FilthyTown

Thanks Void, that was very very helpful.