News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Speaking of the 'Horse, today I was trying to get 4th Dan again, and whilst going for the Jumping Stick in Speed Trick B, I landed the ken back in Bamboo Horse by mistake. I surprised myself so much I laughed, and I think surely that must have put me off so much that I didn't complete within the 60 seconds.

Yeah, that must be the reason....  ;)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

kendamatty

Today I...finally got a new camera and hit around the wing walker! I had to tell someone, as my girlfriend just looked almost blank faced as if I was speaking in tounges..

HansNickmans

Today I...
landed swing in lighthouse
landed backhand earth turn
landed double jumping stick
landed reverse jumping stick

The last three for the first time, it was a good practice...
Kendama Belgium!

John

I landed my first bamboo horse a few days ago in Spain, and have managed (with a bit of patience) to land it every day since, with the exception of yesterday. On average it takes me around 15 minutes(!) to get it, and I don't care because it takes me ages to learn stuff... and that one moment where it just sat there was worth the wait. :)

BKA

AlexSmith

Today I hit a suicide trick I hadn't done before - start with Ken in hand, throw one full turn so you catch Ken again, then 'quick spike' it (spike before the ball swings down through the bottom of it's arc again).
Pretty tricky, felt so good though. First saw this sort of trick in the freedom kendama vol 2 I think..

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

Quote from: The Void on 31 July, 2011, 23:14:04
= Suicide Stab(bing Heaven)?
Not quite - it's the trick at 3:27 in the freedom kendama vol 2 video:

I love it, looks like the ball is just sucked right onto the spike by magnets haha

The Void

Hmmm. Not sure what to call that. It's very hard not to call it Suicide Swing In, but it's done in a different manner to the normal way.

?!

Nice one though!

AlexSmith

Hehe thanks... thats why I was thinking suicide quick spike? Not the most descriptive in terms of the mechanics of the trick but it sort of works...

John

Oh, the freedom kendama vid! Thanks for reminding me about that, I'd completely forgotten it existed. That guy is a technical machine.

Looby

YES

I landed my collab trick for the first time today.  I wont say anymore but Dave, we definitely tried it at your house and possibly briefly in Rennes, yeah, that one :)

Now to get it on film...

The Void

Today I got my fastest ever Speed Trick B: 45 seconds. I guess that's what happens when you don't miss any tricks.

Unfortunately, I then dropped moshi kame on 795, and so failed my 4th Dan yet again. Hey ho.....

BatDancer

Excuse me while I fetch a hat, in order that I can raise it to you! 45seconds is really rather quick. Very well done!

I ought to see if I can get STC any quicker in preparation for the southern regional championship...

Adam K

Today I did some tricks!
Big cup - whirlwind to base cup - downspike (stabbing heaven?)
Around the world to earth turn all in sara grip (yeah!)
Underbird (you know, upside down bird, tama leans against handle, does this have a proper name?) to left hand bead grab swing to right hand bead grab, ken grab, swing to bottom cup. There's probably a better way of describing that trick, but sadly I do not have it on video.
Really fun practice!