News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New arrivals thread (pics) - what did you just get?

Started by The Void, 31 January, 2014, 14:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

I got lucky, and got this for my collection. Not for sale.
[Log in to see attachment]
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

HansNickmans

Got lucky as in made a good deal? Or found it on some dusty shelf from a long forgotten cupboard?
Kendama Belgium!

The Void

I told someone that it was one I wanted for my collection and offered to buy it. He said I could have it, as he appreciated my kendama efforts. I was rather surprised and grateful. Then he asked how much I would have paid, and I told him. He still let me have it. Thanks Steve, very kind! Won't be selling this one, ever. I don't sell gifts.

The photo has the good side of the ball, it's a little bit beat up & stained on the other side. But I don't care, I finally have a red on the shelf. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

*unpacks suitcase*
Oh yeah, and this little bunch. {Swaps the tama over}
That pink string? Special. Might let you try it at BKO.

The Void

These from IKO. Thanks sponsors!
I'll put the rack up in my hallway. I'll probably sell the performer, as I have enough of those.

shalafi

I got a new red Royal to replace my current one as everyday Kendama, since the old one was starting to be fairly used after a year a jamming.

BTW: When I opened it, I said that the tama was heavier. It is a 76 ken / 80 tama, while the old one is 74 ken / 76 tama. I guess the hours of practice had made notice these sort of details :)

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Olive wood kendama holder/stand[nb]Yes, I'm entirely certain that that is its original function. ;)[/nb].
The new home for my kitchen kendama. Thanks Donald!

KenSan

That looks like a very pretty kendama stand indeed.

A few BKO acquisitions below

The Play grip and green Royal I won and the natty Royal and F3 I purchased.

The F3 has been decorated (using sharpies and cheap Wilko lacquer(slippery stuff)) since, and I am currently beating it about to get it nice a "prime" I think the word is!

As a note both the Royals were best set up straight out the box. Sarados on both were closer to where I like them (but exactly the same height on each).  Weight wise (getting a bit anal about this), after I swapped the tamas between the two the natty is within 2grams in favor of tama and the green 5-6 grams but the heavier of the two in the late 70s and the natty early 70s.
I am very much looking forward to jamming the natty in the not too distant future!

I also have a "Girr Token Zen" on the way! But then I must really stop buying kendamas for a while ::)
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

fiddletriks

Just copped an absolute gem

Sky blue OG ozora

Every Kendama player should own this

Instagram: @cruizerd4ft
*welsh thistle*

Jedi_man

Yesterday my Keyaki Ozora came in the mail :)
I asked for incredible grain in the order note, and boy, did KendamaUSA provide! Thank you SO MUCH KendamaUSA!
These photos do not do it justice. It is much more golden/orange in real life.

^This picture best shows how golden it is :) But still, not quite as golden as in real life.

^Back view of the ken

^Thank you so much! ;D

As for how it plays, the bird grip is the best out of all my kendamas :)
The feel of the keyaki is very satisfying!
And the weights of the ken/tama are within about 5 grams ;D (*75 tama/*70 ken) *I only have a balance scale at the moment, so take with a grain of salt.
Here is my opinion on it, on scales of 1-10. Disclaimer: My skill level with kendama is approximately at the 1 kyu level (Not official).
Spikes: 9.5
Balance tricks: 6.5 (Rather slippery out of the box, but not TOO slippery.
Stalls: 10
Cups: 9

Overall: 9.75 or 10

Oh yeah it also smells good! I can't explain the smell, but it is rather strong. I can only say that it smells a little bit like an orange, and expensive furniture?

I do love this kendama, and can't wait to break it in!
I would gladly pay $35 for it!

The Void

@Jedi_man Your images aren't showing because the urls inside [ img ] tags need to end in .jpg or .png , or similar. Maybe just make them plain links, if there's no easy share url from your host.

Jedi_man

Quote from: The Void on 05 June, 2016, 00:22:52
@Jedi_man Your images aren't showing because the urls inside [ img ] tags need to end in .jpg or .png , or similar. Maybe just make them plain links, if there's no easy share url from your host.
Fixed. Thanks

KenSan

3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

johndmc

@Jedi_man that is stunning!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

the milky oolong

I've been a very lucky boy indeed lately in terms of acquiring Kendamas.

After his visit to Japan, Kentaro Arai, our trusty Kendama Berlin buddy and friend, has become a kind of 'European ambassador' for Gloken, bringing each team member a suitable Mugen Musou back in his case for a fraction of the retail price. As I'm known for favouring nattys most of the time I got the Keyaki Mugen (centre), and though I've been very careful about playing it so far, it's an absolute thrill.

Next up, at the Berlin Karneval der Kulturen, where we had a kendama stand with Rolf Ganer, Theo and Ben Mastek, I was given a Troika Fire by our friend Martin (Marvel) to test out and show some tricks at the event, and also won a KROM Rubber Solid from the KROMies on a simple Spike-off.

To complete the picture though, this weekend took the biscuit where I came 3rd (third!) in the Hannover KEN BATTLE overall after tying with Ole on 50 points and winning the knock-out round for the final position, and with the pleasure earned myself this beautiful KROM Deluxe Walnut (left). After that, to my continued surprise, I was the last man standing in the madcap, absolutely packed round of Unicorn, bagging this sweet KROM x Mimoe (right).

So like I say I'm feeling very very humble right now kendama-wise.

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate