News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

EKO 2018

Started by jakub.zahumensky, 04 March, 2018, 17:35:37

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Quote from: jakub.zahumensky on 13 September, 2018, 09:29:24I believe in seeding some players into the brackets so that the players with (perceived) highest chances to win don't meet until quarter/semifinals (or at least not in the first couple of rounds). Rest random.
I'm fine with that. But that kind of seeding can be achieved by the placement of players within the first round bracket. No need for anyone to skip forwards.
The rules should be clear and the same for everyone.
Right, I've had my say on this, I'm done.

Congrats to Nick for winning the cup!
QuoteWe ended up with 16 players after day one because we were unable to tell Challonge to give us 14. Simple as that. Whole story told. This option is probably not even there, since we did something that is probably non-standard.
Thanks for that clarification.
QuoteThe biggest THANKS should definitely go to Depozitul Kendama as they did the most of the actual organizing.
Happy to echo that - thanks all!
Quote from: Dimensions on 13 September, 2018, 11:09:00
Quick side note, anyone else remember Matt Nix beating Bonz in the first round in 2016?
Maybe Bonz decided to practice more so that didn't happen again. Seemed to work - well done him!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

jakub.zahumensky

jakub.zahumensky

I'd say that this year (unlike in Netherlands) Bonz actually practiced (add the BKA approved damas only back then), which was combined with the fact that this year his mind was far less hazy compared to EKO so close to Amsterdam. He also probably didn't want to be beaten by a random Romanian kid.

jakub.zahumensky

Edit from Kendama Bulgaria: