News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Getdown København December 1st

Started by The Void, 12 November, 2012, 13:03:44

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Me, Alex, Jeffrey & David are off to Copenhagen soon.
http://www.facebook.com/events/136699339810645/permalink/136732043140708/

I'm looking forward to meeting up with Thorkild & Mattias again, and meeting the rest of the DK crew.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Ladders!

I assume these are all speed ladders...

Some of the names I find slightly confusing, so ...

Kendama.dk trick name (BKA trick name)
−   Beginner:
1. Swing up Candle (Swing to Candle)
2. Big cup Knee bounce (Big cup Knee bounce)
3. Big cup tap (Saragrip) (Tap-back)
4. ABC – Big cup, small cup, Base cup (Not a BKA name, but this is also known as Around The Block)
5. Small cup Orbit to Big cup (Small cup -> Orbit to Big cup)
6. Pull up Stab (Spike, or Pull-up-in)
-   Øvede
1. Around the World (Around the World)
2. Airplane (Aeroplane - British spelling! :D)
3. Half Kenflip (Big Cup-> Half-Whirlwind to Small Cup)
4. Flying Pan to Stab (Frying Pan -> Spike (no slip-on?))
5. Swing in Earth turn (Earth Turn)
6. Bird to Stab (Bird and In)
−   Advanced
1. Hanging spike (Hanging Spike)
2. Ken to Tama Aeroplane (Mini Suicide Aeroplane aka Mini Spacewalk)
3. Kenflip big cup Stab (Big Cup>Whirlwind to Big Cup>Spike)
4. Swing in to reverse Earth turn (Swing In to Reverse Earth Turn)
5. Tama Ninjastab (Scoop Spike)
6. Lighthouse to in (Falling Down)
-   Pro
1. UFO (UFO/Rotor Blade)
2. Around cosmos (Around The Cosmos)
3. Big cup kenflip stap (Big Cup>Whirlwind to Spike)
3. Pull up one turn gunslinger (Gunslinger Swing In)
4. Snake tap (Snake Tap sounds good to us!)
5. Bird over the valley (Bird Fly Over The Valley)
6. Spacewalk (Spacewalk aka Suicide Aeroplane)
7. Around Denmark: Big cup kenflip to small cup, tama stap to bottum cup to ninja stap! (Around Denmark: Big Cup>Whirlwind to Small Cup>Fast Hand Aeroplane>Fast Hand Base Cup>Stabbing Heaven)

I've got some practise to do!!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Kendama Denmark

SamB

Just out of curiosity what is snake tap? From the video it just looks more or less like an orbit, is there some tapping involved?
Ah and finally around Denmark written down, love that trick!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

The Void

Snake Tap looks to me like:
Big Cup>(Orbit & reverse tap) to Big Cup> Spike finish

The Void

My first go at the Pro ladder? - 26 minutes! Oh boy. This is why I like to give people several months to learn a new ladder.  ::) A week to improve that drastically, or surrender meekly to Dane-Power.

The Void

A mere 14 minutes today. At this rate, I should have it well under 60 seconds by next week! ;)

shalafi

Insane!! I'm afraid I have to drop this one, too many things to attend.

Have fun!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

theobau

The Void

In the last few days I've done 10m15, 14, 10m30, 8, 9m15, [gave up after 26], and today... 4mins and 2m45!

Shinen! Koko no nebari!

The Void

Having a fun night eating pizza and playing DAMA at the DK HQ. A good warm-up session for tomorrow.

theobau

That was awesome today! -Great to meet you, Void! (Still training on the little and basecup lift-up from the floor)

Theo

The Void

Cool, keep going, you'll get it! Were you the guy in the CNN t-shirt? If so, well done on your win (Beg/Int Best trick, right?)! (He got the artwork, Donald - keep it in the forum! :) )

A great weekend, had a blast, and it was a great event. I will post pictures and write some more when I'm home tonight.....

The Void

I've been catching up on sleep, so no review from me yet. In the meantime, here's a little taster vid from Hashim.

theobau

I was the guy in the CNN shirt, yeah! -and I did win the intermediate ladder and best freestyle trick! :)

I'm getting pretty good at the small cup - lift-up thing (have been very close to do it with base cup)

That was an awesome event! Right now I'm trying to figure out tricks with the 5-cup ozora, I won (really interesting thing -harder than it seem though)

-I'm going to review it for you guys when I have time!

Theo