News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Records! You can do it how many times!?!?!?!

Started by Dave, 03 November, 2011, 21:47:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddhaprice

hey guys sorry i havent posted anything on here yet but i have been following this thread for a minute now. If the around japan record still stands at 34 I have beaten it by a whopping 1 with 35xs, prolly wont live long but no one can take the 35 I did for myself away, sorry for the poor framing I do not have much room in my bedroom terrible place to record I know better now

BKA

Quote from: Buddhaprice on 03 January, 2012, 04:04:14hey guys sorry i havent posted anything on here yet but i have been following this thread for a minute now.
Wow, a whole minute?! lol.
Well done to you and Alex.
But 68 Around the Villages?...... are we now measuring skill or boredom threshold?! :)

Buddhaprice

hahaha thank you wrong place for corny American slang lol correction a while now**.

Peter

Quote from: BKA on 03 January, 2012, 11:09:52
Quoteare we now measuring skill or boredom threshold?! :)

Hahaha, this really gave me a laugh! Skill or boredom threshold?!?! Of course skill. But please, guys, get used to make this in fast-motion, the next time...

Damadude

I hope Alex doesn't mind borrowing one if his many titles.
Slip Grip Special 12 times.

This challenge is a really good idea.
Let's keep it going dama folks.
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de

The Void

I don't see how he could mind, since you doubled his record! Well done.

But why did you speed up the video? Because of that it looks like you only held some of them for 1 second!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Damadude

I put it on 250% speed cause I really focused and did it quite slowly.
The original video is around 2.30 and I didn't want to bore people.
But I can upload it if necessary.

Cheers
Join the community @ www.facebook.com/KendamaAroundTheWorld

Buy kendama @ www.kendama.de

The Void

Nah, I don't think anyone will question your new-found Dan powers. :)

But in future, I think all records should be normal-speed videos. I'll add that to the first post in this thread.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KendAlex

Concratulations Damadude.

Way to go.
there is some work to do :)

Benjugglin

I finally had the time to try some of these. My records are still distinctly breakable, but we're on our way up. And I threw in one extra trick just for the fun of it.

Moshi Kame with 3 balls - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Around the Prefecture 59x - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Around the Village 78x - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Slip Grip Special 17x - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

The Void

Wow, good work. I'm off to bed right now, but I'll watch & verify those tomorrow, then update the first post.

BKA

Thanks for the bonus Suicide 1-Turn Moon Landing!

Around Village and Around Prefecture records are yours.
Moshi + 3 balls record is yours, although re-reading Dave's original post, he wrote
Quoteno made up combos
Maybe we should keep this as a "pure kendama" record list?

But with regard to the Slip Grip Specials, we are certainly impressed with what you did, but unfortunately you didn't hold a single one of them still for the standard 3 seconds. That's a competition standard, so unfortunately, we can't give you that one, even though all of your catches looked solid. :(

Mark

Quote from: BKA on 19 January, 2012, 16:05:33
Moshi + 3 balls record is yours, although re-reading Dave's original post, he wrote
Quoteno made up combos

I would say bens doesnt count seeing as the moshi's werent anywhere near actual moshikame speed.
British STC: 2008 - 1st ....  2009 - 2nd ... 2011 - 4th
British Advanced Championship: 2011 - 4th

By markool89 at 2011-08-06

Benjugglin

Quote from: BKA on 19 January, 2012, 16:05:33
Thanks for the bonus Suicide 1-Turn Moon Landing!

Around Village and Around Prefecture records are yours.
Quoteno made up combos

But with regard to the Slip Grip Specials, we are certainly impressed with what you did, but unfortunately you didn't hold a single one of them still for the standard 3 seconds. That's a competition standard, so unfortunately, we can't give you that one, even though all of your catches looked solid. :(

My pleasure. That suicide moon landing was my trick of the day. I thought it would spice up my very repetitive video.

I do think it should be a kendama only contest, but that juggle and moshi kame thing was so silly I just had to try it.

I recorded another slip grip special video a few minutes ago with longer holds. It wasn't quite as good, but since I got it pretty quickly I thought I'd take it and run. I'll put it in this post when it finishes uploading.

Slip Grip Special 16x - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

And Mark, I was under the impression that moshi kame can go whatever speed you choose unless competition X specifies differently (which this one doesn't). But, I can't honestly say I'm proud enough of that "record" to fight for it if it gets questioned officially.

BKA

QuoteSlip Grip Special 16x
No arguments there. Boom!