News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

New project and possible TV spot

Started by MisterJumpshoe, 07 June, 2012, 16:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterJumpshoe

Hey everyone,

I guess you could make this an official announcement.  I have started on a fairly big-scale kendama video, which could take at least a year to complete.  Let me explain.

It's based on the Where the hell is Matt video on YouTube.  I will be travelling around the UK (to as many places as I can) filming myself doing moshikame.  The name of the location will appear at the bottom of the screen and the whole video will have music playing over it.  The video is called Where the hell is Moshikame (no sense in trying to pretend it's NOT inspired by Matt Harding's work).

I know similar things have been done, but I really want to give this a go and think it will be fun for anyone who gets involved.  Anyone who wants to be in the video is welcome.  I guess it just depends where I am and when.  One funny story has already arisen from this.

I went to Birmingham today to film a portion of the video there.  I knew exactly where I wanted to film (the Civic Centre) so when I got off the Metro, I bee-lined for it.  When I got there, there was a small film crew working on something for Birmingham TV.  There was a cameraman, presenter, director and producer.

When they'd finished filming their thing, I explained to the cameraman what I was doing there and asked if he would film me with my camera.  They were all really friendly and liked the sound of my project.  The director told me she'd film me if I would do an interview for Birmingham TV, so I said, "Sure, why not?"

She filmed me doing about 10 seconds of moshikame and then they turned their camera on.  The presenter then introduced me and asked me to explain what I was doing in Birmingham.  I explained what kendama was and threw in a few basic tricks.  They told me that they hoped our little segment would be up on their website sometime soon.  I thanked them and we said our goodbyes.

I've really only just started on this and I like the way it's going.  Who knows what other encounters I'll have?
Music Has the Right to Children