News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Salvator-vals

Today I twice landed double-UFO . Surprisingly each attempt takes less than 10 min. Hard but doable.

The Void

Nice. I might try one of those today...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Today I landed some nice stuff, but was especially happy to beat Peter Wimmers in a race to land Candle Grip Swing (1.5 Inward Whirlwind) In, as demonstrated by [user]Kendalex[/user]

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=918828078139182&set=vb.100000359945547&type=2&theater

A gruelling but satisfying day's 'dama
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

The Void

Tonight I got a trick I was requested/suggested on film. Not sure how it'll look on a big screen... We'll see.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin

BKA

Oof. (cues trumpet solo)
<sing>Dedication's what you nee-eed!</sing>

the milky oolong

On a plus note I managed to download some codecs (whatever the hell those are) and managed to render (whatever that means) my videos at a higher quality. Is the difference noticeable or am I imagining it?
Kendama Berlin

BKA

Definitely, and you've lost the letterboxing too. Double plus good.

the milky oolong

Alright, then I'll give another dose; was trying to come up with a line that involves the same trick but different grips that wasn't all just Stab numbers:

Kendama Berlin

shalafi

Today I finally self certified myself for 2nd Dan. I've been failing this level a lot. Need to get more consistent to pass it at IKO...

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Paul_S

around the downspike happened a few time yesterday :) feeling that consistency

The Void

TMO: Fast and nice looking!
Shalafi: Neat-oh, keep it up!
Paul: = "Stab The World", well done.

the milky oolong

Today I test-shot a few tricks for the new 2015 Forum Collaboration Video. Ideally I want to have a few tricks on there, each building on the trick I submitted last year (Stopover > Fast Hand Scoop Spike). Here's a work-in-progress snippet:

Kendama Berlin

Kev

Today I 'Mastered the Kendama' [nb]Ahem, well, according to the subtitle of Void and Donald's book anyway ;)[/nb]...

I landed every trick listed on the title page of the excellent Spike! book[nb](Of course there are lots of additional ideas for variations listed within the book too, but I got all the big one's ticked off the list!) Get it here if you haven't already - http://www.kendama.co.uk/books.html[/nb]

So I'm pretty pleased with that - especially as it means I got my first ever proper:

- Stilt
- Clifftop
- Wingwalker
- Everest

Also while attempting Everest I twice landed and balanced the tama on the rim of the small cup without it touching the ken, kind of like a Candle Grip Wingwalker / or a 'chairless' Monkey's Chair on Small Cup (Could we call that a Small Chairless Monkey perhaps [user]BKA[/user]?  ;D)

Anyway, today was a good day.

The Void

Wow, Kev, excellent work! Of course, you've made a rod for your own back now, what with there being 2 more books... ;) No, seriously, that's great.

Today I did my first 6th Dan practice for a month. That's a long time, but the lack of daylight was p***ing me off, so I took a break. Anyway, I had a bad Bird day (5), but passed everything else. So, not bad. Spring is slowly springing, with more daylight on the way, so I intend to get back on the grading grind!

Now for a bit of IKO practice....