News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kensistency #9!

Started by Thorny, 06 February, 2012, 23:37:32

Previous topic - Next topic

KendAlex

tip revers gunslinger. make the same round as the normal gunslinger but then back. visualize it first with 2 hands to feel the rotation.
knees is very importand here, make the kendama weightless :)

The Void

Thanks Alex. That was roughly what I was thinking, but I guess it takes a few goes before the body & muscles "get it".
Meanwhile, I just cut my finger on a Hadzor[nb]http://meaningofliff.free.fr/definition.php3?word=Hadzor&lang=en[/nb] in exactly the wrong place for practising Gunslingers.  :(
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

SamB

I...
Hate...
Little...
Bird...
Return...
Across...
The...
Valley....

Never landed it. Breaking new ground too I guess.

P.S. Thorny, what happened too your hair? It looks a lot less... umm... hatty.
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Thorny

Alex's tip was pretty accurate. :)
I'd suggest watching the ladder video and watch my technique (and the kendama!) closely!

Sam, try popping the tama up vertically and realigning the ken under the ana, in combination with much knees.
(Jeffrey told me this is correct term for the hole in the tama. Classification please, Void?)

Glad you're all having fun and getting a little stressed :P

And Sam... Layna chopped off my really long do, so my hat isn't necessary for it's containment anymore. I also fancied a bit of a change, 2 years is a long time to spend in hats.

The Void

Quote from: Thorny on 09 February, 2012, 19:16:03Alex's tip was pretty accurate. :) I'd suggest watching the ladder video and watch my technique (and the kendama!) closely!
[Watches video]
Wait - you're including pull-up-in (and then a grip change) in the Gunslingers?
Quote from: Thorny on 09 February, 2012, 19:16:03Sam, try popping the tama up vertically and realigning the ken under the ana, in combination with much knees. (Jeffrey told me this is correct term for the hole in the tama. Classification please, Void?)
Jeez, it's almost like you've spent all your money on your kendama collection, but not bothered to invest in a couple of very reasonably priced excellent books packed full of choice kendama info.  :P[nb]Too obvious? Too subtle? ;)[/nb]

Yes, 'ana' is right, but there's also nothing wrong with saying 'ball', 'hole' etc etc.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Thorny

Quote from: The Void on 09 February, 2012, 23:19:19
Quote from: Thorny on 09 February, 2012, 19:16:03Alex's tip was pretty accurate. :) I'd suggest watching the ladder video and watch my technique (and the kendama!) closely!
[Watches video]
Wait - you're including pull-up-in (and then a grip change) in the Gunslingers?
Quote from: Thorny on 09 February, 2012, 19:16:03Sam, try popping the tama up vertically and realigning the ken under the ana, in combination with much knees. (Jeffrey told me this is correct term for the hole in the tama. Classification please, Void?)
Jeez, it's almost like you've spent all your money on your kendama collection, but not bothered to invest in a couple of very reasonably priced excellent books packed full of choice kendama info.  :P[nb]Too obvious? Too subtle? ;)[/nb]

Yes, 'ana' is right, but there's also nothing wrong with saying 'ball', 'hole' etc etc.

As bad as it makes me feel, you're kinda right Void! Although I have been planning on buying these books so don't worry too much! :)

And yes, I did. But I've already said to Alex that I don't mind how people do it, really. I mainly did it that way just to show how I want it span around your finger. How you do it, it up to you!

DrJochum

After leaving my Kendama on the shelf for more than a month now[nb]Lack of time, not lack of interest![/nb], this competition inspired me!!

I think I have done every trick from the list some time before except 2 and 10.
I did not even think of Gunslinger backwards.
If you really understand gunslinger it is not so difficult though. It took only about 10 minutes to get is somewhat consistent!

I have yet to try number 10.[nb]Sitll lacking time. Is there a leak somewhere?[/nb]

Body and mind - Kendama and Shogi

KendAlex

Don't be afraid this ladder is not perfect.
but i just show you my style, and i like to hear what Thorny think.

i also think i do not enter this round because i already won 2 ladders ago, and i like give other people the chance to win this ladder.
this ladder was fun to do, thanks Thorny

KendAlex

oeps, i did not do the revers earthspin and the revers jumping stick,
my bad, so be sure you watch the edit of Thorny, to complete the ladder

:-[ :-[ :-[

KendaMushroom

so nobody doing it? kinda want to see what is next haha

The Void

I would be trying it, but I still can't do rev gunslinger. :-)

SamB

I have a reasonably open weekend so I'm also going to get back on this. Rev gunslinger is fine for me but that little bird still won't come back!
BKO 2011 - 2nd, SRC 2011 - 2nd,  SRC 2012 - 2nd, EJC 2012 (unicorns) - 2nd, SRC 2013 - 2nd, BKO 2013 - 3rd - Always the bridesmaid...

Dadooh

Quote from: The Void on 29 February, 2012, 14:26:37
I would be trying it, but I still can't do rev gunslinger. :-)

I can't do reverse gunslinger too. This trick makes me crazy.

Thorny

Well I'm glad my ladder has new tricks to people and it is challenging! ^_^
Part of the fun ey :P

BKA

So a month has gone by and no takers. Time to move on. BKA will take over and make a decision about KCC 10 in due course.

Thorny, do you want to leave KCC9 open (with prizes), or closed (remains a challenge merely for kicks/honour)?