News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

What color SunRise's are stickiest?

Started by Greg the Strangler, 25 August, 2011, 19:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg the Strangler

I've heard the orange and white single colors are stickier than the others. I have a UV Yellow that was good after a while.

I was wondering if anybody has testament to a particular colors paints quality?
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

The Void

Well, this is *very* anecdotal, but when I first got my new white Sunrise out of the packet, I managed 3 moon landings in a row with it. And I'm not very solid with moon landings.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

I havent had much experience with all the colors, but my UV orange was really nice straight away. I have a friend with a purple that was nice too. I'm guessing they're all very similar... Except maybe the striped ones?

KendAlex

all the new EU Sunrise 2011 models including the UV models, have all the same paint and the same finish.(clear coat)
the older striped sunrise are the first serie, they are very hard to play, the paint is to hard and very slippery.
Japaneese players buy  those nowdays to get there skill level very high.
imagine you can do moonlanders 3 in a row with the striped ones, then you are realy good.
:)

sunnyD

still looking for a paint-stickiness-measuring tool so if anyone has any ideas then that would be very welcome.
until now the ipmrovised and highly unscientific version is lighthouse: how many degrees can you tilt the ball without the ken slipping off. 

when new....plain single colours have best grip, then the UV colours (the 3x extra layers of paint needed for UV makes the total paint layer a little stiffer), after that the metallics which will have have more rigid paint. Not too much between them but there is a difference.
Then a big gap to the hard and shiny stripes.

After "new" there are a lot of variables, so nothing much to share on that.