News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user] & [user]Dimensions[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
85. [from Spiked] > Grind Bird
(spin ball like a flying top and land on bird)

Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user] & [user]Dimensions[/user] must sit out round 85.
Good luck everyone!

The Void

Hey you, yes YOU reading this.
Come on, the EC is more fun with more people giving input. New blood wanted! Why aren't YOU joining in? Go for it!

#lurkers
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

No camera here! Will get it down when I get home, if nobody's got it, fave trick of mine.

EDIT: An hour or so later...

Will understand if this one gets rejected fo webcam and sound quality, but there, the Void has spoken!

SECOND EDIT: Now with improved video quality:

Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

Dimensions

Its visible and clear what your doing so I think its good!
your up next, Bird > ?

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

the milky oolong

Kendama Berlin

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] & [user]the milky oolong[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100 (News of prizes to follow soon.)

Next trick is:
86. Bird > Monkey's Chair.
FYI monkey's chair is #16 in this video:[noembed]
http://juggling.tv/13522 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download[/noembed]
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] & [user]the milky oolong[/user] must sit out round 86.
Good luck everyone!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

the milky oolong

Hehe, thanks; the way I saw it, [user]Void[/user], you've been working extra hard for the forum recently, there was no way I couldn't heed the call to arms. I'll re-film this with the proper camera if it will help the final video, just say the word.
Kendama Berlin

BKA

That would be nice if you get the chance. But your video has been accepted, so not obligatory!

shalafi

Question: For monkey chair, do we have to swing in or is the trick more like a throw, grip switch, catch?
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

Unfortunately, [user]shalafi[/user], it's a hop>grip switch>catch, diabolically tricky but I think it's really unusual, and after getting used to the transition, it's do-able. So, no swing รก la Trapeze Acrobats, if that's what you mean. I have faith that you can nail it though!
Kendama Berlin

shalafi

I see. I started playing around with this trick, but I wasn't sure how you wanted it.

I'll try a bit more later on today.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

the milky oolong

I really hope you make it, took me a good few tries myself!
Kendama Berlin

The Void

Kev suggested/challenged me to this at BJC. I forgot about it at Bungay, but I just gave it 20 minutes. Seems like I get closest if I give the ball a reverse Earth Turn. That was a lot of up-and-down though, so it's a nice sit down for me now. Maybe I'll give it another blast at the juggling club tonight....

the milky oolong

As far as I'm concerned, you can Earth Turn in any direction to help the trick, it's just like Spike > Bird, sometimes the extra rotation helps the stickiness of the landing, but I'd be most happy with a pop-up, grip-switch, land, or at least that's the kendama 'problem' I was trying to address when I set the trick (working on Spike>Whirlwind Spike right now, demands absolute spatial intertia of the tama on take-off, the ken part being relatively straight-forward). That said, do as ye wish, it's not boarding school!
Kendama Berlin