News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2014, Leeds, May 3rd/4th

Started by BKA, 07 October, 2013, 13:08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev

The Ibis is a good shout I reckon [user]mreasyguy[/user].

If you're travelling from there to the venue on the Sunday I highly recommend going up Cardigan Road to Headingley then on to Adel rather than going through the city, it will be much quicker and also cheaper in a cab.

Kev

If anyone has any questions about Leeds 'the place' (or anything else for that matter!) pop them on this thread and I will do my best to help.

Obvs if related to the event itself you're better off asking [user]BKA[/user]

Rich

The plan for saturday looks good, and Leeds actually looks quite picturesque. Looking forward to it. :D Lets just hope its sunny like those pictures.

LarsVegas

I started practicing this evening. Don't know if I can make it, but who knows ... And the advanced list is quite funny to practice. I already managed new tricks tonight (Around Britain, 1-Handed Flying Top, and Trapeze > Aeroplane). But that'll be out of my league, it's just for fun. If I join, it would be for the intermediate. Apart from the Falling Down, the tricks are quite feasible - just have to work on speed.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

BKA

kendamamaster

I'll be there! I can't wait. It's been on my calender for some time now, and I'm ecstatic that it is coming up very soon.
The Master sends his regards

BKA

johndmc

Quote from: BKA on 12 November, 2013, 11:41:15
Stick at it, John! Run through it once a day between now and then, and you'll be on top form.

Well its been a few months now. I just bought a new Sunrise Kendama (complete with the Spike Book - great work Void), totally different feel to what i previously used. I can land most tricks apart from Lighthouse + falling down, and Swing in (really haven't found the knack for this yet). However im still not able to land 1/5 consistently.

Not sure if i can make it to Leeds yet but will know shortly if i can afford time off and the trip itself.

Is there anyone going in for the Beginners on here?
Dont practice what you can do, practice what you can't! :)

KrisWhyte

Hotel=Booked!!
really looking forward to this, see you all in may! :D
- SKO 2013 Int. 1st, SKO 2013 Best Trick
-BKO 2014 Adv. 3rd, BKO 2014 2nd Best Trick

The Void

Quote from: KrisWhyte on 03 March, 2014, 00:09:28Hotel=Booked!!
really looking forward to this, see you all in may! :D
Great stuff Kris! See you then. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

KrisWhyte

Will be good to meet you again Void! and meet a bunch of new players too :D
Practicing the advanced division as much as i can, some of these tricks are really challenging!

Dimensions

Ok, just as an update for me
I would say there is around a 85% chance of me going - (oof, 4 hour drive[nb]thanks dad![/nb])

At the moment I'm going to do the advanced competition, I really like the trick list - especially C-Whip ;) (all my diabolo training helped!)
The tricks I'm struggling on
-Dead body (about 1 in 10)
-1 turn delayed swing in (1 in 6)
And landing strip > in (1 in 4)

But apart from them the tricks are, at most, 1 in 3 for each trick

Day 1 also looks like it is going to be amazing, and after reading a couple of reviews from last years it is the part I am most looking forward to

Hopefully see you all there

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

BKA

Look out folks, looks like Rob's using that filthy and unerhand tactic known as "practising"!

Hope the 15% doesn't materialise, and we see you and your dad there. :)

KrisWhyte

The 2 tricks in the advanced ladder i'm struglling with are Dead body, (getting about 1/15 of them...) and c-whip (cant get my head around that trick at all... )

BKA

Under 2 months to go now. How's the practice going, everyone?