News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

PLEASE READ! AWESOME IDEA AHEAD!

Started by br4d24, 03 March, 2013, 22:57:48

Previous topic - Next topic

br4d24

Hello hello! I was brainstorming on how i could get some jam time with some people and then this idea struck me!

Not sure what service we could use for this, but it would be awesome to get a multi person video chat going on the forum! We could all have a virtual kendama session! It would also allow online battles and stuff! I think it would be super fun if we could find an easy to use service!

BKA

Can't Skype do multi-person video chat?

br4d24

I think you have to have a paid version to do that. Ive never used skype personally though, so my googling could be wrong.

From what i have read, google has the best service for free multiperson video chat. Im gonna check it out and report back.

I think this could open up a whole new stage for kendama playing. As long as technology co-operates and there are methods to make everything streamlined, it could be a very unifying thing for the kendama scene! Imagine being able to play with people from japan, and learn new tricks from them! There could also be some kendama lessons by the pros! You wouldnt even need to leave the comfort of your own home (although the real thing is always better)

EDIT: So yeah, google hangouts seems like a good place to use. Google is a pretty solid workhorse with all their services so im sure this will work great. We will have to try it out with a few people sometime!

Only part people might not like is that you have to use your email address. But you can always make a fake email to use if you feel you need to.

BrandonYoder

Sounds like a fun idea.
Sweets did some online games of K.E.N the other night live from the shop using Skype.
Was kinda cool to watch from ustream

HansNickmans

I had a job interview via skype with a jury of 4 people. I didn't have to use a paying version for it, although it is possible that the people setting up the conversation need to pay for it. It seems unlikely, but worthwile looking into..
Kendama Belgium!

BrandonYoder

how was it with lag time?
good luck with the job interview