News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

SIGNED KENDAMA

Started by Riviera Kendama, 12 October, 2014, 23:07:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Riviera Kendama

Hi,
I have a kendama signed by Mathias Steen, Thorkild May, Kristian Aynedter, Colin Sander, and Philip Eldridge. The kendama is a Red Kendama USA Classic that has only been used once and has a few minor indentations. Does anyone know if this kendama would be worth anything?
Thank You  :)
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ

The Void

Well, "worth" is in the eye of the beholder... or of the market. I think to gain a premium from the signatures, you would need to find a buyer who holds those people in high enough esteem, and is desperate enough to obtain their autographs on a kendama, to pay a "nice price". My opinion is that the signatures are not rare enough (within the kendama scene) for them to be of premium value.

To be clear, I don't mean to denigrate anyone, just that in my experience, pretty much anyone is happy to sign a kendama if asked, so there's no huge rarity value.

Of course, if you can find a buyer who is willing to pay a nice chunk for it, then go for it. But if those guys signed the kendama for you personally, then perhaps it's worth more to you as a memento of meeting them...?
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!