News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ray

Quote from: BKA on 23 December, 2015, 17:44:26
Oh, you don't know what a Pill is? It's a variation of a kendama invented by Terra Kendama. Picture at http://kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1612.msg23010.html#msg23010
Aaah, hahaha. I thought you was speaking about the blue or red pill from Matrix or I must take drugs to get it... Thanks for the clarification.
Enjoy your life. Circus and love!

Sonicpearse

Today I... Landed wingwalker for the first time! Horaah!
Sonicpearse

The Void

Nice job, @Sonicpearse !
Today I didn't get either of the tricks I tried to video, so I had a moshi kame run instead.
I also invented a diabolo trick, which I'll have to film soon...
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Sonicpearse

Thanks @The Void - I was well chuffed! Haven't landed it since, but perseverance will prevail!
Look forward to seeing the new diabolo trick, where will it be posted?
Sonicpearse

The Void

Well, give me a chance to get around to filming it, but JTV's a good bet. :)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

donald grant

Rainy day stuck in the hotel today, but reverse swing to bird - reverse turn over the valley - reverse turn in helped brighten things a little.... :)

The Void

KenSan

Been practicing spacewalks and spacewalk to swap spike recently and definitely getting more consistent with it.
Also thrown in a few mooncircles too. Today I went big though  and managed to catch the tama properly on several lightening drops and almost spiked it twice (rim shot and out). Steady as she goes ;D
3rd place @ BKO 2016 Adv. Division. :-)

HansNickmans

Was looking through some random Endless Combo videos yesterdag and came across Sam's Lighthouse to Axe. Did some fruitless attempts yesterday.
Today, I picked up my new Play and did Reverse Airplane<-Lighthouse<- Axe <- In. First try :)

I'm scared to try it again.

Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Quote from: HansNickmans on 06 January, 2016, 09:54:23Reverse Airplane<-Lighthouse<- Axe <- In.
Nice, well done.
Curious about the left-facing "<"s. Do they mean anything?

HansNickmans

Just realized they should have been the other way around. Been working in R software all day, where "<" is very often used. Most have had a brain melt :)
Kendama Belgium!

BKA

Jedi_man

Today, in a late night session (1:00-1:45), I got a lot better at earth turn, and had a really fun session overall. It was probably the most fun session I had so far! I got stuff like 100 earth turns in 7 minutes, 100 cups in 1-2 minutes (both non-continuous), some around U.S.A., and my first hand roll-spike!

The Void

Thats a lot of ETs, Jedi! Well done.
Today I had a little kitchen session, trying to get a balance combo I've been working on for a while. Knee said "no!". Then I banged my face against some web code. What fun.

LarsVegas

... started to practice for the Spikedama GlokenCup Trick List. I don't know whether I can go at all, but it's a nice motivation - and who knows ...
So far I can surely get 10 points (out of 35) - which possibly is enough for the last or second to last place.

But I'm having fun :)
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion