News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

emagdnim

With thanks to BKA and the 3 great books.

I landed this combo yesterday

One turn Aeroplane, fast hand Base Cup, Juggle to Aeroplane,  fast hand Base Cup, Juggle to lighthouse, tradespike.

Next up on my to learn and land is juggle to lunar and land is in between this serie..

The Void

[user]the milky oolong[/user] Ah, yes, the 'doorknob' technique. (Search forum for a reference).
[user]emagdnim[/user] It's always nice to hear the books are helpful. Nice combo!

Today I will be taking some photos of... things. Ooh, how enigmatic of me. ;)
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

PikWik

thanks to kendalex and his swing technique tutorial, i just started getting stilts.
was so stoked when i landed my first one. it was on a kendamaco natural bamboo. after that i made it a mission to land a couple on each of my other kendamas and i can get them fairly consistently now  :D for me, i load them like i would a lunar (twist the ken counter clockwise a few rotations so that when i let go it starts to rotate) and right when the cups are where i need them i pull up and stop the ken from rotating any further and get the tama into position. i wasnt getting them before because i was treating stilts exactly like a lunar and trying to make a gradual landing. stilts made more sense after i saw kendalex's swing tutorial and i realized i could suspend the ken from rotating any further. That made them alot more feasible.

i also started trying out trade spikes and can get them every ~10-15 trys. still havent got the hang of trade spikes but i am getting them now.

my next big trick that i want to get down are lunar flips. they seem impossible right now but tbh so did jumping sticks/earth spins when i first started

axel.aas.12

Working on lunar flips.

Wu Tang Forever!

the milky oolong

[user]axel.aas.12[/user], well done, a real milestone for every kendama player. Now invert it!  ;)
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate

BKA

the milky oolong

Eek, makes my head spin thinking about it! Of course I meant Inside Lunar, seeing as the nice new Tutorials section has been opened, and it's one of the tricks at the top of the list right now!

Today I...

Tried two hours to nail 1-Turn Lighthouse>(penguin, falling away) Scoop Spike.
Invert that! (Whirlwind Base Cup>Spike?)
Spiked it twice, lost grip of the tama and threw the whole kendama clean out of the kitchen. Twice.

*Sigh.*
Kendama Berlin

The Void

Nice one Pikwik and Axel! Keep going TMO.

Today I failed my grading practice on 2 of the easier tricks, but passed on all the hardest ones. Err, good?

Dimensions

(Yesterday) I landed my fist Axe!
I was trying to go for it yes but the second time I nearly got it (2 second balance) and after a following five minutes I didn't even get close...  :(
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

the milky oolong

Well done Rob!

Today I finally Spun With My Grandma's L.A.C[nb]http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1357.0.html[/nb]... Thanks, Grandma.
Kendama Berlin

Cliffdama

So the last few days i finally start to land those whirlwinds. This is what i did.

Spike -> Ww -> spike
Swing in ww -> spike
Pull up ww -> spike
Pull up ww -> big bird
And my best! Pull up ww -> juggle to tama -> catch airplane!

The Void

At the recent tricking event, one of the guys was asking me for tips on Lunar Somersault, saying "Oh, you can do it, right?". I replied "Well,... I have done it...." just not many times, and not recently. It's just not a trick I work on. (Too many tricks, not enough time!)

So, today I did a Lunar Somersault. :)

the milky oolong

Quote from: Cliffdama on 30 December, 2013, 09:32:38
Pull up ww -> big bird

Tweet tweet. Starting the year as it means to go on, [user]Cliffdama[/user]?  ;)

Kendama Berlin