News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

British Kendama Open 2013. Bristol, 27/28th April 2013.

Started by BKA, 15 October, 2012, 13:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

About to set off. Follow us on Twitter for a live tracking link (coming soon).

<--- Twitter link's over there.  We might get some Instagram pics out too... We'll see how it goes.

BKA

Mr Jumpshoe's shots from yesterday/today currently uploading at
http://kendama.co.uk/galleries/BKO2013Social-Jumpshoe/
(I'll fix the portrait orientation ones later...)

Usual rules about no re-uploading images without Mr J's permission apply. If you want to share them, please use the page URL. thanks.

Rich

Great pictures! I'm glad the sun came back out for you guys.

My favourite one is the 5 man shot outside the victoria rooms where Void looks like he's reaching in helpless desperation while his kendama floats off into space like "noooooo...".

Roll on Sunday!

BKA

Quote from: Kev on 27 April, 2013, 08:25:44...can I make a request for lots of photos and videos please - would love to see some of the action!
BKA photos currently uploading at
http://kendama.co.uk/galleries/BKO2013Social/
**Please do not upload any of these pictures to any other websites without permission, thanks. To share, please share the page URL. Thanks.**

Kev

Ah! Nice one . . . looks like a great time, enjoy Sunday too peeps!

BKA

Headline Results

ADVANCED
1. Matt Nix *British Kendama Champion* *Bounty Prize*
2. KendAlex
3. SamB
4. Matt R.

Intermediate
1. Broady
2. Adam
3. Mark

Beginners
1. Rich W.
2. Luke S.

Dan Jam
1. KendAlex
2. Matt Nix
3. Robin

Best Trick
1. Mikey
2. Broady
3. SamB

Full detailed results in the next few days.
Photos to come. Looking forwards to reading your reviews and seeing your pics. Please post!

Great weekend, thanks to all who attended!

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Cliffdama

Looks like you all had a great time! One day i will join you all!

mreasyguy

Just got home from an awesome weekend. Saturday was a blast even though it involved alot of walking, and hills, oh god the hills! My legs are still aching from it all, but had a great time clicking with everyone that made it out.

Today I managed to get my Pre-dan on my first attempt so I was happy with that. The competition itself was great and I have to commend Void for all the work he puts into these events.

Such a good weekend and hopefully see some of you at another meet  :D

skt

Brilliant weekend! Will get to work on a edit and post it up once it's done! Thanks again for a good weekend guys!

KendAlex

hello all clickers,
i like to thank everyone that was present on the BKO
i really had a blast, so happy i came down , it was more then worth it

here are my pictures, (sorry it is on my facebook wall)
if you want to see them and you arn't my friend yet , please be my friend, and enjoy those pics
https://www.facebook.com/KendAlex/photos?collection_token=100000359945547%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.570680286287298.1073741828.100000359945547&type=3

enjoy

kendamatty

Great weekend, the sweat inducing curry was certainly the highlight for me! being put to shame by Void's girlfriend on how to finish a calzone was certainly not, but fair play there.

Gutted we missed on daytime saturday antics, but sam, luke and I did manage to sneak for a cheeky couple in the evening.
Awesome meeting new and seeing old faces, void as always came through. And finally got to meet yoko, the lady who has given me my kendama fix for the last few years!

See many of you in le south of Francais oui!

The Void

Cheers Adam. Thanks for the pics Alex - nice work with the statues!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

Come on Matt, surely hitting Half Swirl Aeroplane was your highlight! ;-)

kendamatty

Quote from: The Void on 29 April, 2013, 22:56:01
Come on Matt, surely hitting Half Swirl Aeroplane was your highlight! ;-)

If a video ever emerges of my reaction, I'm sure my deluded impression of what really happened will come to light (after me and Alex missed comfortably 15 in a row outside between us, ten of those being me.. 5 minutes before the showdown). Until then, lets just say i remained tranquil and level headed when i pulled out a half swirl as smooth as a Mozart and as flowing as Niagara falls ;-)

Wow, I should be a politician...