News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Around Oban

Started by The Void, 10 August, 2016, 14:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

The Void

Back in 2013 at the BKO weekender, @MisterJumpshoe 's description/suggestion of Around Oban seemed ridiculous.

Time moves on, and I thought I'd have a try at filming it whilst the clickers were in Amsterdam. Although I didn't get all the way Around, I present to you The Oban Bypass:

http://juggling.tv/16016 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download

And if you're asking "What's Around Oban?" then, come on, you really ought to be able to work it out.  :P
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

MisterJumpshoe

Oh, well done!

The trickiest part for me has been either the axe or going from spike to small-cup stilts. Good job getting that far!
Music Has the Right to Children

shalafi

Nice and lovely trick!
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

Jak

The Void

Thanks chaps.
@MisterJumpshoe For me I think it'll be either Spike to Opposite Small Stilt, or from there to Opp Small Lunar.
@Jak On camera, yes. I'd been idly having a go, and it was going okay, so I decided to try to film it. You perhaps can't hear because of the wind, but that's me saying "Take 1!". :)

So... The race Around Oban is on!
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

@MisterJumpshoe I have seen Around Oban done before my very eyes! I thought that @akira tajima might be the man for the job, so I explained the trick to him at EJC. He hit it second go! On a Prime, but still amazing.

MisterJumpshoe

Great work!  Is Around Oban the official name, then?  Neat!

I will have to try it at some point.  My kendama has been...unfocused of late.
Music Has the Right to Children

The Void

This is awesome, @Dimensions , but Around Oban has an "In" (Aeroplane) between the two Stilts.

Dimensions

Then we shall rename this one to "not around oban"
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

I saw something like this the other day but with 1 turns... it was a facebook embedded video, not sure how to post it here...
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.