News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

The ever popular "Today I..." thread

Started by BatDancer, 04 July, 2011, 21:24:24

Previous topic - Next topic

shalafi

Good progress Leo!

It took me 2 weeks to get a hook into turntables, swirls were easier for me.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

Nice one Leo.

Today I had a not very good practice session. I blame being awake really early listening to the cricket. :/
Later on I tried some exits, plus had a last-bit-of-sun-in-the-garden brief evening session of just trying a few things for fun.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

shalafi

Today I played disc golf instead. But I did it wearing a BKA hoodie

shalafi

And today I practice-passed 2nd Dan again. Really on the edge on Earth Turns, Falling Down and Jumping Sticks, landing the last one on the 10th attempt, but I made it!

The Void

Today I made a little video. Should be out sometime this week.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

The Void

LarsVegas

Did "swing in to candle" and then a 180° degree ken flip to spike. First time I did something like that. Worked three times in about twenty tries.
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Nice one Lars. That was one of the WKO 2012 tricks. They called it "Candle Flip".

Last night I got a few tricks on camera. Not sure whether to save them up, release them as single tricks, or maybe save 1 or 2 of them for Outlink. *ponder*...

The Void

Good practice session today, passed 6th Dan, all but one IKO trick was behaving itself.
Now to the garden for a quick sesh in the last of the evening sun...

BenBenVx

Finally landed more than one juggle to big cup!! My record is 3 so far aha =]

shalafi

Today I practice passed 2nd Dan with my best run so far. And practiced a lot of silly tricks.

LarsVegas

Quote from: The Void on 10 March, 2015, 10:42:07
That was one of the WKO 2012 tricks. They called it "Candle Flip".

What was WKO 2012?

Anyway, I'm all about flipping right now. Today, I did my first Whirlwind Tomekens
EKO 2012 - European Beginner Champion

The Void

Sorry, I meant WKC: The World Kendama Championship at Kendama Festa in Osaka. (Search "wkc" on the forum.)

Well done everyone. Today I haven't played kendama, but my car passed its MOT test, so that's a plus.

M.Wang

I just got my first lighthouse>lighthouse flip>falling down!
-M.Wang

Simplicity! CLICKON!
KENDAMA.

Leologic777

Finally got turntables woo! Now i'm on to swirls! I have a small question: When you wrap do you start wrapping from the bottom or top of your finger? Ive seen both ways and which is easier?

Thanks

Leo
Getting Better!- 11 Kendama's- Been playing for 9 months