News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Video Challenge: Endless Combo (everybody can enter)

Started by Cliffdama, 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BKA

Hey Rob, since catching the ken could be seen as the next "static point", we're going to tweak your description and say that the Drill must be done immediately after the catch. (i.e. Continuous movement required) Please watch out for that when approving any attempts.

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]shalafi[/user] & [user]donald grant[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
93. [from Back of Weak Hand Inverted Balance] > Drop to Fast Hand Drill
1) start in a Back of Weak Hand Inverted Balance - balance for at least 2 seconds
2) drop everything and catch the ken
3) Immediately do [noembed]
http://juggling.tv/13953 ← Please go to JTV for HD/download[/noembed] (20 degree margin of error)
4) catch the drill and stay in that position for a few seconds
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]The Void[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]donald grant[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user] & [user]Dimensions[/user]must sit out round 93.
Good luck everyone!

Sonicpearse

Had a go at this tonight - i love the trick but it is very hard - but I'm determined to get it (even if I'm not the first to post a video)! Another try tomorrow...
Sonicpearse

emagdnim

Quote from: Sonicpearse on 01 July, 2014, 22:02:38
Had a go at this tonight - i love the trick but it is very hard - but I'm determined to get it (even if I'm not the first to post a video)! Another try tomorrow...

Same here, good luck buddy.

BKA

Sadly, the promised Mystery Prize was never delivered. So, a little late, BKA presented [user]Sonicpearse[/user] with this Play Pro K as his participation prize for #s 51-75.

Thanks [user]Kendama Europe[/user]!

Sonicpearse

Yes, many thanks kendama Europe.
I'm still trying to get this trick - it seems so achievable yet it still eludes me... keep on keeping on...
Sonicpearse

Sqveel

Tried my hand at it even though I knew it was way out my skill level. I'm impressed that I can balance it on my weak hand, and drop and catch, but I ain't getting that drill anytime soon.

Sonicpearse

Unfortunately I am unable to continue my quest to get this trick on the grounds that I can hardly walk after a suspicious'pop' in my knee yesterday.
However, I can report that my mystery prize has arrived! (From endless combo #50 - #75)  I think it had got lost in the great GB postal service so many thanks Cliffdama & congrats on the wedding!

Here's a photo of the natural Yuma kendama& yellow terra pill...

Sonicpearse

Sonicpearse

As no one else has posted, I guess I'm still in with a chance of nailing this trick - the knee is on the mend so further attempts will commence presently...
Sonicpearse

Sonicpearse

I think I've done it... Please verify - been doing this for days!

Endless combo #93:
Sonicpearse

Dimensions

Days worth of practice has payed off Rich!
It perfect - nice and vertical too!

So whats next? Loaded tama grip >  :o

-Rob
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

shalafi

Well done Sonicpearse. You made so smooth that looks easy :)
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

The Void

If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Sonicpearse

Ok pop-pickers - next trick is loaded tama grip to moon landing...
Good luck & go...
Sonicpearse

BKA

[user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]The Void[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]Kev[/user], [user]kendamatty[/user], [user]SamB[/user], [user]mreasyguy[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user], [user]the milky oolong[/user], [user]jsirois31[/user], [user]shalafi[/user], [user]donald grant[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] are now entered into the prize draw for rounds 76-100.

Next trick is:
94. [loaded tama grip] > Moon Landing
Quote from: Cliffdama on 18 April, 2013, 11:09:10RULES
Trick Rules
- You cannot reply to your own trick.
- You must wait to re-enter until 5 other people have done a combo after you set one.
- You must wait to have your attempt verified by the previous setter before setting the next step.
- Use any competition-sized kendama.
- You should start the new transition from the finish position of the previous trick. i.e. You can just place the kendama into position. You don't have to do the previous move, but you can if you want to. But if so remember to...
- Hold the start and finish positions of the combo still for a couple of seconds please.
Video Rules (To help for a nicer compilation video)
- Make sure you have adequate lighting. Please film in daylight if possible. Clips usually look very poor in artificial light.
- Please film in Landscape, not Portrait, not Square.
Successful entrants get put in the prize draw.
[user]shalafi[/user], [user]donald grant[/user], [user]DamaLife24[/user], [user]Dimensions[/user] & [user]Sonicpearse[/user] must sit out round 94.
Good luck everyone!

the milky oolong

Nice, nice. Just to be sure, that means what others are calling Lunar, right?
Kendama Berlin
German Kendama Open 2014: 1st Place Speed Trick, 2nd Place Knockout
German Kendama Championships 2015: 3rd Place Speed Trick
KEN FEST Hannover, 2016: 3rd Place KEN Battle
KENDAMA CLASH Berlin 2016: 1st Place Intermediate