News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Which has the best overall balance?

Started by azleonhart, 19 April, 2015, 19:21:41

Previous topic - Next topic

For lighthouses, lunars and BBs, which is better in your opinion?

Grain Theory
KendamaCo
Kaizens
Krom
Musous

azleonhart

So, i'm trying to find my next jammer, and i'd like to find out which has better overall balance for tricks like BB, LH, and especially lunars.
Many swear by GTs, a whole other faction says KendamaCo, some say Kaizens, and the last thing anyone would want to do is to buy too much at one time.

Thanks for your help, folks.
What the trick?

BenBenVx

Mugens are great but like void said at LKO you land a luna, and it almost feels like your cheating lol.

I love my GT. Its an absolute luna beast!

shalafi

For lunar definitely GT or musou mostly because of the balance. For BB not sure, but it is more about the paint than anything else, I'd bet on musou as well, but it is a trick I don't do.
Spanish Kendama Champion 2010, 2012, 2014-16
Depth Perception is Overrated.

azleonhart

Quote from: shalafi on 20 April, 2015, 14:22:57
For lunar definitely GT or musou mostly because of the balance. For BB not sure, but it is more about the paint than anything else, I'd bet on musou as well, but it is a trick I don't do.

@shalafi i thought it was never possible to do BBs on a Musou, but Iji proved me wrong right in my face! Fresh-ish tipped Musou, nontheless.
What the trick?

Dimensions

I've voted KROM because they are designed for everything.
Lunars are great on my deluxe, and the natty design makes them great for rovers. I've had very little time on a NOIA at LKObut I remember the paint being kinda' oily but the lunar balance still to be great and the oily Tama gave perfect grip. I expect a well worn in one to be great for BBs too
Shameless Self-Promotion:
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Peat

haven't played a kenco but other than that all of them are fantastic.

I voted musou in the end because I learned my first ever lighthouses and lunars on my old snow gold, I think BB would be extremely difficult with one though.

PikWik

i voted musou, but a GT w/matching tama is equally as good. whichever is cheaper, i say.

imo, both the musou and grain theory are at the top of their game. cant go wrong with either

shalafi

Quote from: BenBenVx on 20 April, 2015, 12:34:56
Mugens are great but like void said at LKO you land a luna, and it almost feels like your cheating lol.
I concur, it feels like a lunar magnet.

azleonhart

Quote from: shalafi on 21 April, 2015, 11:17:51
Quote from: BenBenVx on 20 April, 2015, 12:34:56
I concur, it feels like a lunar magnet.

While i'd like to concur, the premium gold Ozora has that similar feel (and i'm guessing especially when paired with the GT).
What the trick?

shalafi

The thing with musou and GT is the weight distribution of the ken, that makes them both amazing lunar magnets.

Then, we have the discussion about the paint on the tama, premium gold Ozora is a great paint, I prefer the musou one but all in all, IMHO the Krom have the perfect amount of stickiness (and is cheaper)

BenBenVx

For me its having that drilled out hole in the bas cup that makes it feel like im cheating..
with my GT its feels great! they got the weight distribution stop on, and ill always vouch for them... ;D

shalafi

The swoop on the GT had the same function as the hole, it is just less noticeable ;)

And then, there's the wormhole... That's cheating.

BenBenVx

exactly.. its not noticeable, so feels somewhat better in your head than seeing a gaping hole in the bas cup lol.. but that being said I would still love a mugen and would slay it all day long!!

I still have never used the wormhole, probably never will. There was a discussion about it the other day on FKC, asking if it was any good or just overrated.. pretty much everyone agreed that's its more of a novelty than useful. I may try it out one day... see what happens lol

shalafi

Wormhole is nice for lunars and stilts, it makes them easier... For other tricks I think the normal hole is better.

Still, something worth trying.

BenBenVx

I never really thought about lunas with the wormhole, but yeah I bet its a lot easier.

Then again, its like people who "hook" there lunas and things, I feel that's cheating big time, if I where to do it I wouldn't feel anywhere near as satisfied or pleased with landing a tirck.. Im not saying its bad, don't do it, whatever feels best for you is whats right, but me personally I wouldn't be as happy..