News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Edit 6

Started by VASBVA, 07 February, 2012, 01:59:01

Previous topic - Next topic

VASBVA

Greg the Strangler

Greer is one of the best female players around! Stoked to see her emerge on the scene and shred! I'm becoming a big fan of these 757 edits. Great vibes, you all come hard with the tricks! Keep 'em coming, please!
January–Kengarden Beginner Champion
May–Kengarden Intermediate Champion
December–Kengarden Advanced Champion

The Void

Ooooh, veeeery nice! Really well shot, lots of character, and loads of stupid hard tricks. Faster Than 'Valley? Cripes!

Welcome to the forum, VASBVA! (Introduce yourself?: http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2.0.html )
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

AlexSmith

hehe I was talking with Jake the other night about the faster than gravity over the valley line. I called it 'Penguin over the valley' (defying gravity bird = penguin, get it?), but he had the idea for the trick so I'm not going to claim that as the official name haha. His call

Otherwise, this edit is sick, it has so many subtleties in the tricks, I love the 757 guys because they try and keep it creative, but they still have huge skills to show too.

& Greer is probably the best female player I've seen yet. Though Joanna hasn't put out an edit in awhile, I wonder if she still plays? Greer has more interesting tricks imo though. I need to convince my gf to make an edit now...

VASBVA

I called it faster than the valley when I did it, but I think I'll call it penguin too haha.  Greer is flattered by all of the positive feedback also.  If she would have stuck with kendama instead of solely surfing all of the summer, she would still be better than me.

AlexSmith

Surfing the summer away doesn't sound like too bad a plan haha.

BKA

Quote from: AlexSmith on 08 February, 2012, 21:36:33....about the faster than gravity over the valley line. I called it 'Penguin over the valley' (defying gravity bird = penguin, get it?)
Wouldn't a bird that defies gravity be... one that can fly? :P

VASBVA

I like the sound of the Flamingo, although I'm not so sure on their ability to fly.

pascoe

Really enjoyed this Edit, has a very fun vibe to it. Also very cool tricks from all of you. :)
I have a habbit of only being able to put my kendama down after i have landed a trick.

AlexSmith

Quote from: BKA on 10 February, 2012, 12:06:29
Quote from: AlexSmith on 08 February, 2012, 21:36:33....about the faster than gravity over the valley line. I called it 'Penguin over the valley' (defying gravity bird = penguin, get it?)
Wouldn't a bird that defies gravity be... one that can fly? :P
Ha.. hadn't thought of it that way... my logic went as follows:
Penguins can't fly, because of gravity holding them down (as their wings aren't adapted for flight). So they're defying gravity by flying!
For my analogy to be consistent I suppose it's best to say that birds which can fly are conquering gravity?

VASBVA

If that's the case, then I think it should be called the ostrich, because those things are awesome.