News:

English-language friendly kendama forum open for everyone worldwide. Welcome!

Main Menu

Kendama Holster Litmus Test

Started by Deadpoolzer0, 30 November, 2013, 09:55:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpoolzer0

Hello all! I was hoping to get an idea of how many members of the kendama community are interested in buying holsters for their kendamas. I know they (holsters) are starting to get more popular, and I currently make my own. I'm aware that the holsters that I've seen made from leather are pretty quality, but their price seems pretty steep. That may be because of the amount of product that's being produced, but for someone like myself who just enjoys making functional items, holsters made sense to make at a reasonable price! If I were to start making holsters for sale via the forum here, I was hoping to get an idea of how many I should reasonably make, or just do custom orders, if people are interested in my wares that is. I'll include some pictures so you can see the basic setup of the holster, but for those of you that would like additional information/ask questions I am more than happy to answer them. My starting price for these leather holsters would be pretty minimal, anywhere from 15-20 USD most likely. I love kendama and I love the community around it, I would ideally like to contribute something that everyone can afford and utilize, and most importantly, enjoy!

Cheers,
Cameron

The Void

Hi Cameron,
Welcome to the forum. (Love your personal text, btw :) )

Personally, I've never been a fan of the "dangly"-type holster, which is why I commissioned a prototype full-cover holster. Unfortunately there was very little feedback/interest in it. Better luck with your one.
If you don't want to BUY MY BOOKS 😉, then why not ask your local library to order them in, and read them for free? That would help too. Cheers!

Deadpoolzer0

Void, thanks for the compliment! I saw your post while looking at various types of holsters and it looked great! It'd be especially awesome for Jumbo size and up, since those guys look like they need a big holster! I thought of making a dangling type for a larger sized Dama, I just haven't gotten around to it yet, as the weight may be better suited to sit in a case that you designed rather than the dangle.

As far as generating interest in my holsters over other manufacturers goes, I really hate the idea of being a "pushy" person and spamming every facebook kendama page and media outlet. It's very much the opposite of how I feel selling and buying should be done, but I am not sure how to spread my idea besides these internet sources since the kendama scene is Missouri is far from developed currently. I know there are quite a few vendors that are regulars on this forum, I was hoping to get a few tips or maybe hear some of their early beginnings and how they were able to spread the news about their products as I am aspiring to join the ranks of the kendama community contributors that help spread the love! :)